Senior Software Engineer2011 - PRESENTUnited Nations Industrial Development Organization
- Worked directly with clients to elicit requirements, identifying specific business and user needs.
- Translated requirement specifications into software program using software development techniques, tools, methods. and languages appropriate for the specific project.
- Developed and implemented an ERP system for a government institute and footwear factories.
- Designed and developed a web-based monitoring and evaluation tool.
- Transformed paper-based processes into a modern software solution which reduced process time substantially.
- Provided training for 50 university engineering students on developing and implementing an open source ERP system.
Software Engineer2009 - 2011Tulane University Technical Assistance Project Ethiopia
Technologies: C++, Microsoft SQL Server, C#
- Designed and implemented software enhancements to an existing EMR (electronic medical record system).
- Improved report generation by developing a custom tool that allows to design any report instead of generating predefined rigid reports.
- Researched on a specific palmtop for data capturing from remote areas.
- Contributed to the development of a statistical information gathering and analyzing tool for the health sector.
- Assisted in preparing manuals, assured smooth software integrations, and collaborated in migrations.
Senior Programmer and Project Head2005 - 2009RAMCS Computers Systems and Communication
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#, VB.NET
- Participated in requirements gathering, systems analysis, database design, development, and deployment.
- Developed different Windows applications based on .NET framework and Microsoft SQL Server for many organizations including for BGI Ethiopia, Sheraton, and Hilton.
- Managed the delivery of projects, quality standards, cost, benefits, and time scales.
- Coordinated with programmers and testing teams, tracked schedules, and communicated with stakeholders.
- Assisted and mentored junior programmers; including conducting training on how to use the developed software.
Junior Programmer2003 - 2004CNET Software Technologies
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic
- Helped to program a financial module for the point-of-sales software.
- Participated in a web development for an eyeglass manufacturer.
- Analyzed and tested a point-of-sales system and collaborated with testers to make sure the system is error-free.