Front-end Engineer2016 - PRESENTToptal Clients
- Helped an eCommerce seller build and update some of his Shopify stores using liquid language.
- Built a platform in React to control the publication of legal documents.
- Worked with a client to build a Chrome extension while at the same time giving advice on the direction of the project to help it grow more than 2x in less than 6 months.
- Develop a microsite and admin site in AngularJS that will help the redemption of rewards of two different platforms, the admin included the development of components to help speed up the process of development.
Front-end Architect2009 - PRESENTSellution
- Created an SPA that acted as a CRM, ERP, and more.
- Developed a proprietary framework and architecture to run a complex system, with different kind of modules (which I also developed) like email, virtual drive, and CRM.
- Created a platform for building eCommerce sites with a great deal of customizable content.
- Created a UI to connect to social media outlets such as YouTube and Twitter to help supervise the user's online presence.
Front-end Architect2006 - 2017EC-Ideas
- Created the logo of the company.
- Developed an app in which you can track vehicles using GPS technology.
- Created an app to track the progress and status of game machines set at malls throughout the city.
Freelance Web Developer2004 - 2017Metablocks
- Worked on projects that supported US artist web engagement for clients such as Justin Bieber, Jennifer Lopez, and Miley Cyrus.
- Created Instagram-type effects that run in mobile phones at high speeds.
- Created several games which are clones of popular games, like Snake, Flappy Bird, and Candy Crush.
- Created an editor in Flash which can be used to make kinetic typography. The app allowed you to sync lyrics with music and then play it back. The project was used by clients like Paulina Rubio, Neon Trees, and P. Diddy.
Freelance Front-end Developer2004 - 2008Electric Wonders
- Brought to life an online catalog by implementing promotional items that blinked.
- Created a flip page app to be used with the catalog.
- Created a custom product app in Flash that allowed you to upload a logo or add text and, see it flash, change colors, and blink at different speeds depending on what was available to the product.
- Built the site for the company from the designs that were provided.
- Created an executable version of the catalog in which you could also customize the product of your choice.
- Open-source Library (Development)https://github.com/striwensko/Striwensko.js
1. JSON loading (JSON_Loader class)
2. Animation (TimeLine class),
3. Event_Dispatcher (Helps maintain modularity)
4. Mouse, touch interaction (Drag_Touch class)
- NDA (Development)https://www.exhalespa.com/world-of-hyatt/
In this project, I helped with the development of a site for Exhale Spa, which became part of the Hyatt hotel group. The development was done using Angular 6 and it included an entire admin site where the admin can control the site content as well as view reports on the subscriptions and content.
- Wiggot (Development)https://wiggot.com/
This is a CRM system for real estate brokers that allows brokers and organizations to manage their clients as well as their properties. This system is build using React-Redux and also contains a publish site which runs on Node.js with a template system to create their own branded portal for each agency.
- Photo Editor Example (Development)
This is one customization of a photo editor I created which has been used by many clients. This version in particular was customized for Gwen Stefani.
- Example of Mosaic (Development)http://www.tweematic.com/babyface/
This project is a mosaic I created that feeds in avatar photos from Twitter hashtags. Used by artists like Jason Derulo and Jennifer Lopez.
- Kiwi-Bop (Development)https://kiwi-bop.com/
This site is currently in the process of being developed using Angular 4.
- Sellution 360 (Development)
Probably the most ambitious projects I've worked on is an entire CRM, eCommerce, and ERP system which required the creation of a new framework very similar in concept to what React and Angular would look like if merged together.
This project is a single-page application that has a router, an entire suite of components, and a system of loading modules separately to ensure enhanced loading speed.
Its core relies on my open-source library and the entire system was developed to be configurable via JSON, which makes adding new pages to the system extremely easy.
- Trello vs. Jira: Compared From A Developer’s Perspective (Publication)Project management tools have dramatically transformed the way software is engineered, but which one should you use, and when? In this article, Toptal Freelance Developer Juan Carlos Arias Ambriz outlines the differences between Jira and Trello and explains how you should choose between them.
- Front-end Frameworks: Solutions or Bloated Problems? (Publication)Modern front-end frameworks constantly require you to download an entire development environment, complete with dependencies, and compile your code before even trying to view it on your browser. Is this something good? Is it the problem we are building more complex sites, or the frameworks are complex on their on own and they introduce an unnecessary level of complexity.
ToolsFlash, Shopify Plus
OtherShopify Customizations, PSD to Shopify, SVG, Text Animation, Animation, User Experience (UX)
FrameworksRedux, Angular, Jest
Libraries/APIsReact, Twitter API
ParadigmsResponsive Web Design (RWD)
- Engineer's in Electronic and Communications Engineering2000 - 2004ITESM Campus Guadalajara - Guadalajara, Mexico
- Toptal React AcademyJULY 2018 - PRESENTToptal
- ReactAPRIL 2018 - PRESENTItesm