- Web Developer2014 - 2015Rebuss
Technologies: Rails, MySQL, Bootstrap, jQuery, VirtualBox
- Began creating a Rails app for on-site inventory management which serves as the replacement for a legacy application.
- Started development on a Rails app for the company's intranet as part of a seven-month project. This involves the total replacement of the current application, which will be done progressively and must be able to operate with the same database.
- Trained the in-house development team in Rails web development.
- Web Developer2014 - 2015ProesTech S.A.
Technologies: Rails, MySQL, jQuery, Bootstrap, Dropbox API
- Developed a Rails app for managing the lab work performed on soil samples collected across Chile, Peru and Colombia.
- Integrated the web app with a shared Dropbox folder which stores the original documents delivered by the lab workers, according to a specific hierarchy.
- CTO2010 - 2014ComparaOnline.com
Technologies: Rails, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Asterisk, Amazon Web Services, HAProxy, Varnish, jQuery
- Designed new systems (data model, interaction) from scratch.
- Moved the platform from a single server to a multi-tiered/multi-app system.
- Managed and coached a team of up to twenty programmers and was in charge of the technical part of recruitment.
- Completed the first integration between the Asterisk telephony platform and the sales web app.
- Upgraded the old app from Rails 2 to Rails 3.
- Project Manager2009 - 2010Lemontech.com
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery
- Managed a team of three programmers, reporting directly to the end customer.
- Automated the deployment and backup, which was manually managed until I arrived.
- Updated the UI to use more AJAX and streamline the process, including front-end validations.
- Developed functional tests and automated the deployment.
- Flex Developer2008 - 2009DICTUC S.A.
Technologies: Adobe Flex
- Developed an Adobe Flex interactive app for the simulation of wiring diagrams and floor plans. It was used as part of an educational software suite called Construeduca at DUOC UC, a higher education institution.
- Web Developer2008 - 2009Jokoplay.com
Technologies: Rails, MySQL, jQuery
- Developed the first version, including the data model, of a Rails social app for managing sport leagues and tournaments.
- Web Developer2005 - 2008Loyola Educational Foundation (Chile)
Technologies: Rails, MySQL
- Developed a Rails app for automating the gathering of donations for the foundation, thus providing a way for donors to sign documents that allow the foundation to automatically collect monthly payments from their bank accounts or credit cards. This process was previously performed manually and with no security measures.
- Developed a Rails app for supporting the enrollment process and managing the information of 1,400 students. The most daunting task involved training forty teachers for the enrollment process, which was to take place once a year.