- Architect and Lead DeveloperVistrata2016 - PRESENT
- Took over an existing base project, which I improved and extended.
- Designed and Implemented a lightweight data access layer to replace a slow custom ORM layer.
- Implemented Ag-Grid throughout the app to display grids, using custom code to integrate with my Gantt component, add unsupported features, etc.
- Designed and implemented a technique to batch CRUD operations on the front-end and process them asynchronously on the back-end, allowing for seamless editing with autosave (Google Docs style) and enabling offline editing.
- Designed the basics of an advanced data revision control system to be implemented in the DB, which is efficient in both space and time.
- DeveloperCertaPet (via Toptal)2015 - 2016
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, SQL, REST, JSON, Stripe, Mandrill, Wufoo, WebMerge, HelloSign, AWS, Trello, JIRA
- Worked with the founders to design and build a platform MVP that would allow their existing business concept to scale.
- Suggested a split architecture consisting of a PHP back-end with a REST API, and a SPA front-end.
- Designed the DB schema and implemented all of the back-end and API, working together with a front-end developer that got hired later.
- Integrated Stripe payments trying out different flows, including "auth and capture."
- Integrated several other third-party services, including Mandrill, Wufoo, WebMerge, and HelloSign.
- Designed and built the back-end infrastructure in AWS, using RDS, EC2, S3, and IAM.
- Freelance Software Developer6v Soft2011 - 2015
- Joined and led a small remote team that worked on feature development, maintenance, bug fixes, optimization, and testing of a high-traffic (2M+ DAU) application on the Facebook platform.
- Worked on maintenance, optimization, and migration of the app’s cloud infrastructure based on AWS and Rightscale, including load balancing (ELB), web server arrays, Memcached servers, Cron servers, RDS, S3, Route53, and CloudFront.
- Worked on an advanced in-house statistics system that allowed real-time monitoring of various traffic metrics.
- Led the development of mobile web and hybrid (Cordova) versions of the application.
- Performed A/B testing and experiments to guide feature and design decisions.
- Freelance Web DeveloperEstudio F2007 - 2014
- Acquired knowledge of and experience in base web technologies.
- App Developer/OwnerSelf-employed2009 - 2011
- Owned and developed several applications on the Facebook platform (including two games) reaching a total traffic of 70k DAU (daily active users) at their peak.
- Developed an ad network mixing system that maximized revenue by optimizing each network’s traffic share based on their performance (eCPM).
- Developed a custom analytics system to track app signals (events) based on users’ countries, languages, genders and dates, allowing for A/B testing of certain features and UI choices.
- Created and edited all original and derived artwork with Photoshop.
- DeveloperGlobant2008 - 2009
- Designed and implemented a system to transfer large files over HTTP from within web applications, with advanced features like pause, resumption, and recovery of uploads and downloads.
- Designed and implemented a system to transcode media files (images and video) for client applications that featured media previews.
- Wrote standalone documentation for systems I built.
- Gained experience in Java web development, learning various frameworks and tools along the process.
- DeveloperITBA2006 - 2006
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, Tomcat
- Designed and implemented an algorithm for classroom assignment based in heuristics.
- Implemented a reservation service and DAO within a Hibernate/Spring architecture.