Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - PRESENTTeselagen (via Toptal)
- Worked on several related SPAs using React, Redux, GraphQL and Node, among others.
- Unified the UI look and feel of multiple related applications.
- Refactored and unified similar components across applications, extracting them into a common library.
- Wrote unit tests using Jest and Enzyme, and functional/integration tests using Cypress.
- Wrote scripts and configuration to get Cypress tests running in a Heroku CI environment.
- Worked on misc features, bug fixing, code reviews, etc.
Full-stack Web Developer2018 - 2018Meridix (via Toptal)
- Fixed and implemented a website redesign based on a designer's mockups.
Senior Full-stack Developer2017 - 2018Priceline (via Toptal)
- Worked in an agile team environment, having daily standup meetings, tracking tasks using Jira, etc.
- Designed and implemented most of the API-facing and Redux logic of the SPA.
- Designed and implemented the overall visual structure of the app as well as many of the views and components.
- Worked together with another front-end developer, reviewing each other's code and discussing important topics together to find the best solutions.
- Wrote unit tests and test helpers for most major functions and React components, using Jest and Enzyme.
- Made smaller contributions and suggestions for the app back-end too, written in Java (Spring Boot).
- Designed the overall app authorization system based on permissions and roles.
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 2017Meridix (via Toptal)
- Migrated a messy old-style PHP codebase to Laravel 5.
- Redesigned and migrated the UI using Bootstrap, custom CSS, Less, jQuery and "vanilla" JS.
- Implemented various charts in the dashboard using Chart.js.
- Fixed bugs and solved migration issues.
- Rewrote many hardcoded SQL queries using Eloquent and/or parameter binding.
Architect and Lead Developer2016 - 2017Vistrata (via Toptal)
- Took over an existing base project, which I improved and extended.
- Designed and Implemented a lightweight data access layer to replace a slow custom ORM layer.
- Implemented Ag-Grid throughout the app to display grids, using custom code to integrate with my Gantt component, add unsupported features, etc.
- Designed and implemented a technique to batch CRUD operations on the front end and process them asynchronously on the back end, allowing for seamless editing with autosave (Google Docs style) and enabling offline editing.
- Designed the basics of an advanced data revision control system to be implemented in the DB, which is efficient in both space and time.
Developer2015 - 2016CertaPet (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, SQL, REST, JSON, Stripe, Mandrill, Wufoo, WebMerge, HelloSign, AWS, Trello, Jira
- Worked with the founders to design and build a platform MVP that would allow their existing business concept to scale.
- Suggested a split architecture consisting of a PHP back end with a REST API and a SPA front end.
- Designed the DB schema and implemented all of the back end and API, working together with a front-end developer that got hired later.
- Integrated Stripe payments trying out different flows, including "auth and capture."
- Integrated several other third-party services, including Mandrill, Wufoo, WebMerge, and HelloSign.
- Designed and built the back-end infrastructure in AWS, using RDS, EC2, S3, and IAM.
Freelance Software Developer2011 - 20156v Soft
- Joined and led a small remote team that worked on feature development, maintenance, bug fixes, optimization, and testing of a high-traffic (2M+ DAU) application on the Facebook platform.
- Helped maintain, optimize, and migrate the app’s cloud infrastructure based on AWS and Rightscale, including load balancing (ELB), web server arrays, Memcached servers, Cron servers, RDS, S3, Route53, and CloudFront.
- Developed for an advanced in-house statistics system that allowed real-time monitoring of various traffic metrics.
- Led the development of mobile web and hybrid (Cordova) versions of the application.
- Performed A/B testing and experiments to guide feature and design decisions.
Freelance Web Developer2007 - 2014Estudio F
- Acquired knowledge of and experience in base web technologies.
App Developer/Owner2009 - 2011Self-employed
- Owned and developed several applications on the Facebook platform (including two games) reaching a total traffic of 70k DAU (daily active users) at their peak.
- Developed an ad network mixing system that maximized revenue by optimizing each network’s traffic share based on their performance (eCPM).
- Developed a custom analytics system to track app signals (events) based on users’ countries, languages, genders and dates, allowing for A/B testing of certain features and UI choices.
- Created and edited all original and derived artwork with Photoshop.
Developer2008 - 2009Globant
- Designed and implemented a system to transfer large files over HTTP from within web applications, with advanced features like pause, resumption, and recovery of uploads and downloads.
- Designed and implemented a system to transcode media files (images and video) for client applications that featured media previews.
- Wrote standalone documentation for systems I built.
- Gained experience in Java web development, learning various frameworks and tools along the process.
Developer2006 - 2006ITBA
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, Tomcat
- Designed and implemented an algorithm for classroom assignment based in heuristics.
- Implemented a reservation service and DAO within a Hibernate/Spring architecture.