Verified Expert in Engineering
Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is a platform for detecting internet censorship in countries around the world.
Lead Architect and Developer
- Architected and built an application to verify customer attributes for online merchants through integrations with multiple identity providers.
- Used a combination of Ansible and Terraform with infrastructure as code practices for all infrastructure components in production and development environments.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions for automated building and deployment of containers.
- Developed a Django application for managing merchant and Microsoft identity platform integrations.
- Implemented infrastructure and application monitoring, alerting, and scaling capabilities.
Lead Software Developer
Cyber Defence Corporation
- Developed a Windows-based log monitoring agent in C# with Azure integration, which included creating features for network connection resiliency, flexible log selection, and ease of installation.
- Built serverless functions in Node.js for processing streamed data, storing it in various databases, and providing HTTP APIs to access it.
- Automated the deployment of lab environments using Vagrant and Ansible to simulate malicious activity on Windows workstations.
- Helped research, implement, and test machine learning methods for identifying malicious and non-malicious computer security events.
- Managed software testing and packaging processes to facilitate continuous integration and deployment.
Avostart (via Toptal)
- Completed an application migration from Django 1.6 to 2, which includes updating templates from a no longer supported system.
- Created ETL processes for migrating the application database from Elasticsearch to PostgreSQL.
- Developed an automated email notification system using Sendgrid APIs to allow users to subscribe to legal topics.
- Integrated Stripe to allow users to pay for legal consultations.
- Implemented continuous integration and delivery pipelines from GitLab to Heroku with automated asset updating in AWS.
Developer and Operations Manager
- Created a rotating web proxy system using HAProxy to allow the dynamic changing of IP addresses for web browsing.
- Used Docker and Ansible to facilitate service deployment across a variety of cloud providers, including AWS, DigitalOcean, and Linode.
- Developed REST APIs, allowing clients to create static routes for specific web resources and select endpoints based on geographic preferences.
- Created a software agent that could be issued commands remotely and transfer data entirely over DNS and included the development of a Django-based REST API and web user interface for managing multiple deployed software agents.
- Deployed and managed VPN infrastructure for clients, including OpenVPN and SoftEther.
University of Colorado Boulder (via Toptal)
- Created ETL processes for integrating various structured and unstructured data sources into MongoDB.
- Developed REST APIs with Node.js and Scala for use by front-end reporting applications to interact with MongoDB.
- Helped deploy and optimize machine learning pipelines.
- Made extensive use of software packaging and testing to allow for continuous integration.
Cyber Analyst and Developer
The SecDev Group: SecDev Cyber
- Developed tools to help analyze DNS network traffic to identify potential compromises.
- Helped create methods to enhance DNS data with geographical, temporal, and BGP information.
- Used Lua in conjunction with PowerDNS and Redis to create DNS sinkholes.
- Extensively used Elasticsearch for data storage and Kibana for creating analysis dashboards.
- Developed software to test internet resource accessibility and report data back to a central location for analysis. At its peak, it was deployed in over sixty countries, gathering 30,000 test results daily in a range of network conditions.
Simple PCAP Parser
Flask, Django, Angular, React Native
Node.js, Scikit-learn, Pandas, Stripe, NumPy, Azure Active Directory Graph API, REST APIs
Terraform, Ansible, Kibana, Git, Jenkins, Vagrant, SendGrid, Supervisor, Azure Key Vault, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure Active Directory B2C (ADB2C), Azure Network Security Groups, GitHub, Tableau, Pytest
Azure DevOps, DevOps
Windows, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker, Apache Kafka, Heroku, Android, Azure Functions, Azure Event Hubs, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MongoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL, Azure Active Directory, Azure Blobs
Cloud Security, APIs, Third-party APIs, CI/CD Pipelines, Monitoring, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Cloud Architecture, PowerDNS, Containers, Web Security, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Virtual Networks, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Configuration Management, API Integration, Architecture
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Carleton University - Ottawa
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Degree in Geography
Carleton University - Ottawa
Azure Security Engineer Associate