Java Developer in Bogotá DC, Colombia
CTO | Co-founder2016 - PRESENTLiztum
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Docker, PostgreSQL, Heroku, Foundation, Middleman
- Created a Rails monolithic app that was ready for users within two months and deployed with an SSL certificate and secure authentication with scope access to resources.
- Used GitHub pages to deploy our landing home page; using Middleman (static web technology) and delivering changes without any complicated stack.
- Connected to Google Analytics, Skylight, and Mailgun as external services to delegate responsibilities of user tracking, app performance, and email delivery.
Back-end Developer2017 - 2018Bunny, Inc.
Technologies: CakePHP, Node.js (Express.js), Grails, MySQL, Docker
- Supported the migration of several user flows from monolith to API-centered requests.
- Improved the conversion rate significantly—building a more robust payment process of projects.
- Integrated several measuring tools to improve development team processes.
CTO | Co-founder2015 - 2016Zentrifuga
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Docker, Azure, PostgreSQL, Foundation
- Created a web application for supporting open innovation programs.
- Developed a six multi-role system per innovation program which meant every user could have several roles in different programs.
- Migrated from a monolithic application to an API-centered architecture using Docker containers in a remote web server.
Back-end Developer2014 - 2015Processum
Technologies: Java Server Faces, Amazon Web Services
- Developed several views of the software platform and design some data structures that allowed the software to work multithread—reducing the average big data page load from +50 seconds to ~15 seconds.
Technical Instructor2014 - 2015Cymetria
Technologies: Java, Android
- Taught in a national tour of more than six cities, as a short-time (two days) boot camp instructor with +800 students working and learning in Android development, developing basic apps with Google Maps and push notifications.
- Introduced students to computational thinking, algorithmic understanding, and first-time programming syntax writers using Java Environment as the main tool.
- Taught regular Android basic and intermediate programming—using sensors, network connections, and databases management.
Operations Manager2014 - 2015Sikuani.net
Technologies: WordPress, Google Apps, PHP, Asana
- Designed and documented all processes, documentation, and technology tool implementation.
- Managed and was in charge of the work methodology and follow up tasks of all the team members.
- Toggl Pomodoro Break Feature (Other amazing things)https://github.com/toggl/toggldesktop/pull/1951
Toggl is a great tool to track time. They have their clients work publicly in an open source collaboration space where anyone can pull and improve and if lucky, get published on the platform for millions of users.
They integrated a Pomodoro functionality last year, but there was no automatic Pomodoro break so I decided to implement it, and it was accepted and merged into the public stable version of the tool!
- Google Apps Script for Calendar (Other amazing things)https://gist.github.com/unmultimedio/8cbacf4cae525b412278
This code was a personal exercise that I made when I first encountered Google Apps script. There was a technology event running in Bogotá called Colombia 3.0 and at the time the agenda was being distributed to all participants via PDF or printed, which was not very useful if you wanted to attend the most-interesting-to-you talks.
So I decided to move that information into a Google Sheet, convert those events to actual events in a Google Calendar, and make the calendar public to everyone, as well as the piece of code I wrote to make it work.
- Static Landing Page (Other amazing things)http://liztum.com
As a skilled developer of Ruby on Rails, I decided to deploy my startup landing page using the closest static web technology available: Middleman.
Hosted publicly at GitHub:
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Android SDK
ToolsAsana, Atom, Slack, Git, Docker Compose, GitHub, SourceTree, Postman, Sublime Text, Terminal, GitHub Pages, Vim Text Editor
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Scrum
OtherHackathons, GitFlow, Certified Scrum Master
Libraries/APIsApiary API, Google Maps API
PlatformsMacOS, Linux, Android, Heroku, Docker
- Certified Scrum Master in Scrum Master Methodology2015 - 2015SEONTI - Bogotá DC, Colombia
- Bachelor of Science degree in Multimedia Engineering2007 - 2013Universidad Militar Nueva Granada - Bogotá DC, Colombia
- Academic Exchange, third year in Systems Engineering2010 - 2010Universidad Santiago de Compostela - Santiago de Compostela, Spain