Verified Expert in Engineering
Julien is a full-stack developer specializing in web technologies with experience designing, implementing, testing, refactoring, and maintaining advanced web applications. Passionate about designing complex systems to answer business needs in the most effective, reliable, and secure way, he is attentive to standards compliance, cleanliness of the source code, ergonomics, semantics, accessibility, and scalability. Julien is eager to take on new challenges and work on cutting-edge technologies.
Common Lisp (CL), Vue, PHP, Ubuntu, Linux, PostgreSQL, NGINX, Sass, Software Architecture, Progressive Web Applications (PWA)
The most amazing...
...app I've developed is Ferryroute, a website and mobile application selling ferry tickets from 42 European companies.
Software Architect | System Administrator | Full-stack Developer
- Built the Ferryroute web application for an online travel agency selling ferry tickets across Europe.
- Implemented a framework with a resource system as its foundation.
- Developed a Google Maps interface for users to select their trip destinations.
- Worked on a web development framework based on the Common Lisp language and PostgreSQL database.
- Built a custom shell based on Bash with autocomplete ability, documentation generation, and an important set of functions.
- Automated the creation of Debian packages, targeting the development environment and online servers.
Lead Full-stack Developer
- Provided support to the web development team on key system components like payment gateways, code and query optimization, security compliance, and Linux server administration.
- Developed a framework on top of Vue to be one day used as the foundation of the new system supporting the client applications.
- Implemented a custom WebQL-like SQL language to support the report application, allowing it to perform complex filtering across multiple database tables.
- Implemented a comprehensive email system to send messages via multiple APIs.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Improved the embedded authentication system found on most Peugeot and Citroën cars.
- Developed a hardware monitoring system to maintain custom computers used by official shops.
- Participated in the customization of a Linux kernel and the operating system.
- Conceived an innovative XML/XSL data format used by manufacturers to publish their products in our B2B marketplace.
- Developed a custom PHP framework inspired by Symfony and Laravel.
- Participated in the elaboration of the business plan.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Designed and developed a system to match job offers with candidates.
- Developed a database visualization tool displaying data across graphs.
- Managed the database migration from MySQL to PostgreSQL using different table structures.
- Improved the existing process management system dealing with importing data coming from resellers.
- Implemented a Google Maps interface to help clients find the best garage to install their tires.
- Worked on different interface components to improve sales conversion rate.
- Developed a PHP framework inspired by Doctrine, Symfony, and Zend Framework.
- Developed several websites for a communication agency.
- Provided consulting services around web technologies.
I designed, implemented, and deployed the whole system. On the back end, I implemented a custom framework, a resource system inspired by data-driven development, sourcing the data from different APIs. On the front end, I built a framework on top of Vue, allowing fast implementation of new functionalities and pages.
Implemented a custom WebQL-like SQL language to support the report application using prepared statements to avoid any SQL injections.
Project Management Applicationhttp://iproject.io
Order Monitor Applicationhttp://iproject.io
Vue, Google Maps, Vue 2, ImageMagick, D3.js, REST APIs, FFmpeg, RequireJS, jQuery, Doctrine, Node.js, Vuex, JSON API
REST, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), DevOps, Functional Programming, Serverless Architecture
Software Architecture, Frameworks, PWA, Full-stack, Web & Mobile Applications, Mobile App Development, Architecture, Maps, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), APIs, SVG, Payment Gateways, SSL Certificates, Debian Packaging, English, Hybrid Apps, SSH, SSL, Terminal Servers, eCommerce, Front-end, Back-end, IT Project Management, Google Tag Manager, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Doxygen, Serverless, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Symphony, FTP, Vue-router, Mobile First, Mobile-first Design, Back-office System Development, CTO, CEO, JSON REST APIs, Solution Architecture, API Design, Technical Writing, Pandoc
Vuetify, OAuth 2, Zend Engine, Quasar, Bootstrap, Serverless Framework, Laravel, Zend Framework, Symfony
NGINX, Webpack, Zabbix, GLPI, Subversion (SVN), Git, Composer, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Zeplin, Vue CLI, NPM, GeoNames
Ubuntu, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Android, iOS, AWS Lambda
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Memcached, JSON
Master of Science Degree in Software Engineering
Graduate School of Computer Engineering (ESGI) - Paris, France
Diploma in Mathematics and Computer Science
High School Sainte-Thérèse - Rambouillet, France
Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)