Verified Expert in Engineering
Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT) Developer
Julien is a professional software engineer with 15+ years of experience. A former team leader and user operations analyst at Facebook as well as a former project manager, he is also the co-founder and CTO of a trivia company with 280+ thousand players and $1+ million in annual revenue. Julien specializes in scalable AWS Node.js microservices but also has years of experience as a full-stack engineer with 7+ years of experience with AngularJS.
Git, UltraEdit, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a visual algorithm builder that allows any trader to implement their complex trading strategies without programming.
- Built the Node.js/MongoDB API server.
- Built the Node.js/MongoDB game server.
- Built the game engine.
- Developed a Node.js framework based on Express.js and optimized for high-load and high-speed.
- Built the mass-email delivery system.
- Worked as a freelance developer on both front-end and back-end.
- Created a flexible PHP framework that can be used to create webservices, REST API, Facebook applications, back-ends, or complex websites or web applications. It included an user friendly app-store where users can install new applications (group of pages), libraries (PHP or JS/CSS) and themes, and where developers can submit their own code.
- Created a jQuery Boilerplate that allowed developers to create complex jQuery plugins in a few lines of code (has since been open-sourced by the client).
- Developed various backends and internal tools for several industries.
- Created various Facebook applications (P&G and WWF, among others).
- Project Manager in charge of the "VIP" clients: BNP, Mugler, P&G, and Katy Perry, among others.
- Most projects were Facebook Applications.
- Led a team of developers and designers.
- Managed the whole process, including project definition, sketching, prototyping, retro-planning, design, development, bug tracking, and delivery.
- Independently developed most of the projects, both back-end and front-end.
- Developed a custom PHP framework for the company which resulted in a faster development time for all of the projects.
Team lead, Analyst
- Enrolled in Facebook's Engineering Bootcamp, where I studied Facebook's architecture and code base.
- Developed various internal tools that greatly improved my department's productivity. These included the following:
- Automation - Tools that analyzed scenarios and took action automatically, saving hours of work for each team every day.
- Bug tracking and reporting - Dedicated to tracking bugs that affected internal tools, and issued weekly reports on the average time lost by each teams that was affected. By assigning priorities, this allowed our internal tools to be fixed faster.
- Data Processing - Tools that analyzed scenarios and issued recommendations on the possible actions. This helped our department to work faster and more efficiently by outsourcing some of the analysis to the tools.
WWF - Gorilla Uprising
TV5 - A Summer in Alger
I designed and developed a solution that allows users to create websites without any programming or technical knowledge. Users choose a domain name and hosting solution, and a new blank website will be created for them.
The website is based on a custom-made framework that is inspired by IOS. It gives users access to an app store where they can easily buy and install new applications (group of pages), themes and libraries. Developers and designers can then submit their apps and themes to sell on the app store.
NRJ - Manageur de Stars
Players become the manager of a celebrity of their choice and earn points for promoting their star. The game went viral and got 5M pageviews in 2 weeks.
Duracell - Find the Bunny
Each day the application displayed a map of Paris, indicating where the bunnies were hidden and how many were left.
Players who found a bunny could enter their code to see if they won anything from coupons to wireless chargers.
Puget - Apéro Fada
A modern version of Whack-A-Mole, where users have to click on the neighbors and avoid clicking on the grumpy guy.
Players would see how they rank against their friends and the world, with the scores being posted on Facebook.
Isio4 - Pacman
Broad-Spectrum Analysis of Financial datahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IY_Ni3CqtU
The data from 11 timeframes is pulled, and each dataset is analysed on multiple frequencies using pre-defined algorithms, like RSI, Stochastic or MACD for example.
New algorithms can be created and setup on the charting interface (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP7bg3qKhhs).
Built in NodeJS, MongoDB, AngularJS. Data from Activetick.com.
Part of my "Phyclon" research project.
Advanced Technical Charting Interfacehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP7bg3qKhhs
In addition to the traditional charting, I also have a broad spectrum analysis tool that allows me to visualize the output of various algorithms on multiple frequencies, and allow me to combine multiple algorithms together on a single heatmap, giving a great view of the market.
My latest algorithms, using advanced digital signal processing, are not displayed on that demo, being still experimental and "classified" to protect part of my research.
Built in Node.js, MongoDB, and AngularJS. Data from Activetick.com.
Part of my "Phyclon" research project.
Named Entity Recognition on Financial news
Built using Node.js, MongoDB, and AngularJS, as well as data from Reuters. It was part of my "Phyclon" research project.
Express.js, AngularJS, Bootstrap
Node.js, jQuery, YouTube API, Facebook API, Twitter API, Face.com API
Microservices, API Architecture
Firebase, LAMP, Windows, AWS Lambda, Raspberry Pi, Linux
MongoDB, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Google Cloud, SQLite, CouchDB
Web Development, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Algorithmic Trading, Genetic Algorithms, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Adobe Fireworks, Flash, UltraEdit, Git
Bachelor of Science Degree in International Business
IPAG - Nice, France