Julien St-Pierre Fortin
Verified Expert in Engineering
Deploying software solutions in the realm of data is Julien's expertise. He is passionate about helping clients create innovative products and gain valuable insights from data. He genuinely cares about his clients and goes above and beyond to ensure highly successful products.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Sublime Text, Git, MacOS, Visual Studio, ReSharper, GitKraken, Jira
The most amazing...
...project I've built is a data-intensive REST API to feed an interactive art installation with real-time financial analytics.
- Improved data access security of indexed Salesforce data.
- Monitored multiple deployments stress-free with Hosted Graphite and LaunchDarkly feature flags.
- Tracked bugs with Sentry and Kibana and managed work in Jira.
- Built machine learning models from cohort KPIs to get early feedback on marketing activity, such as the likelihood of acquired cohorts profitability.
- Developed revenue forecast models using curve-fitting methods.
- Built dashboards to monitor user behavior with SQL, BigQuery and Mode Analytics.
- Developed a Python library to streamline the machine learning process.
- Built machine learning models based on user behavior to predict cohorts LTV and profitability using scikit-learn and TensorFlow.
- Co-developed many data science tools, a model factory, and APIs with Pandas and Flask.
- Built an automated task scheduler using Apache Airflow.
- Researched user dynamics spanning multiple products with Markov chains and recurrent neural networks.
- Co-developed UI in Vue.js to visualize model predictions.
- Developed deep learning models with MATLAB to predict water temperature from meteorological data to support engineering at Beauharnois hydropower plant in Quebec.
- Conducted research on the development of a network for measuring and collecting water temperature data from covariates. We used mutual information and dimensionality reduction methods using MATLAB.
- Conducted web scraping of the Statistics Canada website to obtain meteorological data using Python.
- Participated in a research internship at TRIUMF on the IRIS experiment with Dr. Rituparna Kanungo.
- Improved detector calibration with elastic scattering simulations in C++. The goal of the experiment was to demonstrate the particular halo structure of the lithium 11 isotope.
Learning Generated Abstractions
Reliable Vision System for Wildlife
Installation with Ed Fornieles Studios
Scikit-learn, NumPy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, Matplotlib, Vue, Theano, React, Flask-RESTful
Data Science, Test-driven Development (TDD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Testing
.NET, Express.js, Flask, CODE, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
Git, Sublime Text, MATLAB, Visual Studio, ReSharper, Jira, BigQuery, Apache Airflow, Celery
Linux, Windows, Amazon EC2, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Jupyter Notebook, Docker, Salesforce
Google Cloud, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Memcached, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Deep Learning, GitKraken, APIs
Master of Science Degree in Data Science and Operations Research
HEC Montréal - Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Bachelor of Science Degree in Theoretical Physics
Université Laval - Québec, Canada