Python Developer in Nærum, Denmark
Python Engeneer2018 - 2018Muses Marketplace
Technologies: Python, Django, Fabric, Digital Ocean, Linux
- Defined the scope of the deliveries.
- Implemented the MVP using Python/Django/Angular.
- Deployed to DIgitalOcean with Nginx and UWSGI.
- Implemented a schedule of projects.
- Implemented a dynamic and editable treeview to create project budgets.
Freelance Django/Angular Developer2017 - 2018BuildingBlocks, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Django, Angular, HighCharts
- Created APIs using Django REST Framework.
- Created charts consuming APIs.
- Fixed charts displaying the wrong data.
- Fixed a web scraper that was used to feed data into the application.
- Implemented filters to the data displayed.
Freelance Senior Full-stack Developer2017 - 2017Knxn (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Angular, Django, HTML5, Bash
- Implemented CI with Jenkins.
- Implemented Jenkins Deploy to EBS.
- Created an MSV based on their old CMS to hold all the legacy data and to feed the production server.
- Created an importer from the legacy CMS to the new CMS.
- Created an importer from the new CMS to the production server.
Freelance Python Developer2016 - 2017ManhamGroup (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, NumPy
- Analyzed code on existing software.
- Improved and optimized code.
- Created a unified application to control the scripts workflow.
Owner/Author2010 - 2017Programe em Python
- Wrote articles about Python development.
- Made video classes on Python development.
- Created an online Python course for beginners.
- Taught a Django Course at CTNovatec.
- Made the website and course platform as a Mezzanine blog and Moodle site.
Freelance Web Developer2016 - 2016Vium (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Django REST Framework
- Developed functions in the REST API-based web application to support extra features.
- Created a Command Line application based on plugins to allow batch operations on some of the application models.
- Built a certification training section in the application based on quizzes.
- Implemented the certification test front-end pages.
- Implemented tests and bug fixes.
Freelance Web Developer2016 - 2016Paradox.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Django, AngularJS
- Implemented a Django website with a legacy SQL Server database.
- Created dynamic pages using AngularJS.
- Created a deployment script with Fabric to enable deployment in any machine with Ubuntu Linux from scratch.
- Created a custom authentication back-end for the application.
- Implemented a Dynamic category tree in the applications with sessions and subcategories.
Developer2015 - 2016Dcodr (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python Django, Openshift, AngularJS, PostgreSQL
- Created a dynamic form to get different kinds of surveys without needing custom pages for each one.
- Configured Jenkins CI to control the deployment to OpenShift.
- Created an automatic deployment script to set the server and application in Ubuntu 14.04.
- Defined the application architecture.
- Created a data export page that builds a CSV report from the data in the database.
Web Developer2015 - 2015Rede Alumni
- Created an application using Ruby and Sinatra.
- Developed admin system microservices to break the big Rails application.
- Built dynamic forms based on the models in the admin interface.
- Created tests.
- Wrote documentation.
Web Developer2015 - 2015Qmagico
Technologies: Python, GoogleAppEngine, AngularJS, Django
- Wrote documentation.
- Implemented unit tests.
- Developed a Django API for the front-end.
- Implemented features in the front-end.
- Built Angular directives.
Back-end Developer2015 - 2015Deckspire (via Toptal)
- Created endpoints to an API that supports the application using Django REST Framework.
- Created a video processing task that runs as a background task for uploaded videos.
- Customized Auth pages and Django admin interface to support the needs of the project with Bootstrap 3.
- Implemented seamless S3 integration with Django to provide S3 storage instead of local storage.
- Covered the API with tests.
Senior Python Developer and Team Manager2014 - 2015GTAC Solutions
Technologies: Python, Django, Java (Android)
- Worked on a social network platform created with Python and Django.
- Managed Python teams and projects.
- Worked on a driver's license class application for Android tablets that used geolocation and face recognition.
- Created APIs for several mobile applications.
- Worked on software to manage a notary's office, supporting queues, registries, a physical documents registry, digital signing, and many more features.
- Worked on the devlopment of several Android applications.
Mobile Developer2011 - 2012Wilcx
- Programmed software to help determine the price of a computer based on its components and the prices for each model of laptop the company had created. All data was kept in the company database.
- Developed a testing suite for Android hardware, testing screen quality, memory load, processor load, and input.
- Built an Android game in which the mechanics were based on orbital launching.
- Worked on an Android application to use tablets as electronic ads in buses.
- Created the company blog and issue/time tracking application.
- ArenaGameShow Cannon Shooter (Development)https://github.com/julioeiras/AGSCannonGame
A shooter game made to present a lecture about PyGame at an ArenaGameShow event.
- HackerRank Resolutions (Development)https://github.com/julioeiras/HackerRankResolution
Solutions for HackerRank problems.
- PyGPA 2.0 (Development)https://github.com/julioeiras/PyGPA2.0
A new version of PyGPA (the project I made for my final graduation work). The focus in this version is on the algorithm, not on the graphical interface.
- Angular Game of Life (Development)http://jcemelanda.github.io/ng-masters/aula2.html
Game of life made with AngularJS.
- Angular Popup Directives (Development)http://jcemelanda.github.io/ng-masters/aula3.html
An Angular directive to popup messages. NG-MASTERS course.
- Presentation at Python Brasil 11 (Other amazing things)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFt9pFIpy_E
My Presentation on game development with Python for Python Brasil 11
- Presentation at Python Brasil 12 (Other amazing things)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=208Pcby3FOs
My presentation for Python Brasil 12 about the ways for the python beginer
- Julio is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Julio shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksDjango, Django REST Framework, Ruby on Rails (RoR), AngularJS
Libraries/APIsRequests, PyQt 4
ToolsGit, GitLab, GitHub, Inkscape, Nginx
PlatformsLinux RHEL/CentOS, Android
ParadigmsTest-driven Development (TDD), Scrum
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2007 - 2012Universidade Federal de Itajubá - Itajubá, Brazil