GitHub, Git, MacOS, Ubuntu, GitLab, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is Mapset, an innovative online tool for managing screens in different mainframe coding languages, 15x faster than any other tool available.
- Migrated a WordPress blog to static generated Website using Nuxt.js for an oil and gag analytics company.
- Reworked main website following pixel-perfect design from Figma to HTML/CSS.
- Incorporated Sanity CMS, a headless CMS, to support blog posts and global settings for the website.
- Guided and supported the website deployment to AWS Amplify Hosting.
Co-founder | Full-stack Developer
- Co-founded a web development agency with the primary focus of standing out from the crowd by executing high-performance websites and mobile apps, combining an eye toward transparency, inspection, and adaptation.
- Contributed to bringing together an extraordinary experience by leveraging knowledge and ideas to build processes around quality and passion while working with exceptional people.
- Executed, as a team, more than 42 projects, including dynamic web and mobile apps, eCommerce sites, and corporative sites.
- Drew upon a combination of a strong passion and continuous innovation and recognized that we can always be better at creating products and open source projects to improve the web developer community.
- Grew from two to 14 employees in eleven months and landed contracts with small and large companies.
- Created a front-end admin template that earned +4.7 stars out of 5 on Themeforest; it was fully responsive and cross-browser with Bootstrap and jQuery. Included easy-to-use components and a huge collection of plugins.
- Built more than 20 high-performance websites, including dynamic web applications, eCommerce, and corporative sites.
- Developed a back end using PHP, Python, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Integrated various third-party APIs, including Google Map APIs, Google Analytics, and Facebook APIs.
Geochemical Research and Engineering, Inc.
- Worked on a research team of computational expertise to solve problems in reservoir simulation and fluid/gas injection.
- Helped to create a unique-and-innovative product in the oil industry that perform complex computational simulation for aqueous speciation and mineral precipitation, based on the extensive and patented multi-year research of the company's founder.
- Worked in a high-performance team focused on computer simulations to solve the oil industry's most outstanding and difficult engineering calculations and computing processes.
Satellite Geodesy and Seismotectonics Laboratory
- Researched and developed computational simulations in the area of seismotectonic.
- Planned, executed, processed, and analyzed georeferenced data from GPS measurements.
- Adjusted geodetic control networks using satellite techniques and computational models and analysis.
- Published multi-year research findings in the Geophysical Journal International, a scientific journal published by Oxford University Press.
Statusfy | A Marvelous Open-source Status Page systemhttps://github.com/juliomrqz/statusfy
It was designed to generate a system that works as a progressive web application with the JAMstack architecture in mind and fast static generation. With these approaches, I wanted the users to enjoy a status-page system that gives better performance, higher security, cheaper hosting, and better user experience.
I'm the author of this tool. I created the original project architecture, the back end, front-end code, and the visual identity, as well as an easy to use CLI (command-line interface) that improves the interaction and the building process of the system.
It's cloud-based, inexpensive, very easy to use, and users don't need to be experts in the industry.
I created the project architecture as well as the back-end code. I led the front-end development while constantly communicating with the mainframe engineers, who were experts in the banking and insurance industry. We discovered that the core of the product had to be a web application with a dynamic interface using the power of modern web browsers for the main tasks of the process.
Besides, the serverless execution for the file conversion tasks was the best choice for reducing the overhead of servers: on-demand implementation, parallelism, and lower costs.
Everything about the project was tested and documented to ensure the security and stability of the management of customer information.
Nuxt Optimized Imageshttps://github.com/juliomrqz/nuxt-optimized-images
• Reduce image sizes by up to 60%.
• Improve loading speed by providing progressive images and converting JPEG/PNG images to WebP on the fly for an even smaller size.
• Resize images or generate low-quality image placeholders (LQIP) and extract the dominant colors of it.
• Content hash to the file name so images can get cached on the CDN level and in the browser for a long time.
• Inline small images to save HTTP requests and additional roundtrips.
The North Andes and the Caribbean and South American Plate Interactionhttps://academic.oup.com/gji/article/214/3/1986/5035819
The work done on this project taught me many things: statistics, data analysis, interpretation of third-party research in addition to the importance of teamwork, great communication, and the commitment to your boss/supervisor and the community to whom you're trying to give a scientific outcome.
This research was carefully executed and went through a rigorous review process to be published in the Geophysical Journal International, a scientific journal published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Royal Astronomical Society and the Deutsche Geophysikalische Gesellschaft.
Nuxt.js, Bootstrap, Django, Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Express.js, Jest, Vuetify, NativeScript, Flask, Redux, Angular
Vue 2, jQuery, Vue, Node.js, React, Pandas, REST APIs, Django ORM, Vuex, Matplotlib, NumPy, SciPy, OpenCV
Clean Code, Testing, REST, Unit Testing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Test-driven Development (TDD), Serverless Architecture
Pytest, Jupyter, Git, NPM, Gulp, GitHub, GitLab, MATLAB, Sketch, Visual Studio
Firebase, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, WordPress
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Team Leadership, Teamwork, Open Source, GPS, Serverless, Georeferencing, Front-end, ESLint, Full-stack, Back-end, Code Architecture, Content Management Systems (CMS), Headless CMS, Responsive Design, Scientific Computing, University Teaching, Research, Challenge-based Learning, Team Building, Geophysics, Applied Research, English-Spanish Translation, Material Design, PWA, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), eCommerce, eCommerce Platforms, Analytics
Bachelor's Degree in Geophysical Engineering
Simon Bolivar University - Caracas, Venezuela
Latin America Representative
American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Student Chapter Excellence Award
Society of Exploration Geophysicists
Leadership Symposium Travel Grant Award
Chevron and the Society of Exploration Geophysicists