2019 - PRESENT
Fortune 500 Bank
- Served as a core team member of the digital transformation process. Acted as the subject matter expert for credit and loan applications, origination, and servicing, as well as Azure and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Analyzed existing banking systems and prepared the current system landscape. Contributed to the definition of future hybrid-cloud and products-focused architecture based on reference architecture and specific business needs.
- Drove the overall technical design to rearchitect, rebuild, refactor, and retire legacy systems. Adopted modern tech stacks and emerging standards, such as DDD, microservices, cloud-native apps, event and message-driven architecture, and Kubernetes.
- Led workshops to advocate best practices in hybrid clouds and DevOps. Reviewed critical designs and related code to ensure adherence to architectural decisions, identified gaps, and guided developers.
- Adopted modern tech stacks and emerging standards, such as DDD, microservices, cloud-native apps, and event and message-driven architecture. Was hands-on coding in C#.
- Collaborated with other architects and domain experts to evaluate a wide range of solutions, including integration platforms, rule engines, API management, and clouds. Made recommendations based on guiding principles.
- Worked with the enterprise platform and app teams to migrate apps to Azure. Co-authored security architecture and migration path using Azure AD, Key Vault, DevOps, Container Registry, Kubernetes Service, API management service, and event hubs/Kafka.
Technologies: Architecture, Azure, Cloud, Azure Cosmos DB, C#, Apigee, Cloud Security, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Event-driven Architecture, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java, OpenAPI, REST APIs, Apache Kafka, .NET Core, Spring Boot, Microservices, MuleSoft, Message Driven Architecture, SOAP, .NET, JMS, AMQP, REST, Solution Architecture, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Technical Architect | Team Lead
2016 - 2019
A Fortune 500 Bank
- Supervised a joint team of ten to complete the system integration project to modernize the loan origination system using Salesforce in MuleSoft Anypoint and .NET.
- Worked closely with senior management and vendor to prepare the scope of work and roadmap.
- Collaborated with multiple interfacing partners on microservices and API gateways.
- Prepared system design artifacts, including technical specs, system diagrams, interface and message definitions, use cases, risk analysis, and non-functional requirements.
- Practiced SOLID, DDD, BDD, and TDD to improve code quality and maintainability significantly. Migrated apps to private cloud thru CI/CD pipeline with built-in security.
- Worked with multiple teams to ensure all SORs (system-of-record) were positioned to support a Transition Services Agreement in the event of a Customer Divestiture Event with another bank where a specific region or population of accounts is sold.
Technologies: Solution Architecture, VMware Tanzu Application Service (TAS) (Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)), MuleSoft, Apache Kafka, .NET, APIs, SQL, RAML, GitHub, Jenkins, uDeploy, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Architect | Team Lead | Senior Web Developer
2004 - 2016
A Fortune 500 Bank
- Started as tech lead to bring a paper-based manual process to a full-blown loan origination system with a multi-billion dollar portfolio.
- Created technical design documents, including high-level system design and messaging artifacts, specifically SOAP, WSDL, and XSD. I also included component and class diagrams, process flows, and database design.
- Oversaw all development efforts and provided directions to team members.
- Owned critical development tasks and was closely involved in all development activities.
- Expanded the system into a major enterprise system through multiple acquisitions and integrations.
Technologies: Solution Architecture, .NET, C#, SOAP, REST APIs, Node.js, React, AMQP, AppDynamics, Splunk, Oracle, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Consultant | Architect
2004 - 2005
Arizona Department of Transportation
- Redesigned the Digital Driver License System (DDL) as a multi-tiered .NET application to capture customers' photos, render, and store driver licenses and ID cards.
- Collected requirements and analyzed existing systems.
- Assisted in end-to-end testing, production install, training, and hiring.
Technologies: MSMQ, SQL, C#.NET, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Lead Software Engineer
1999 - 2004
Arizona Republic Services
- Worked directly with Microsoft to create a then state-of-the-art commodity trading system with .NET.
- Led a team of five to complete a multi-tiered system for order scheduling and processing using VC++.
- Created a three-tiered application for wholesale billing to assist power trading and risk management using C++ and SQL.
Technologies: .NET, Microsoft Visual C++, SQL, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
1997 - 1999
- Created a web app with backend engine for data mining and knowledge management.
- Authored and maintained C++ libraries for system re-engineering.
- Prepared developer guide to help team to quickly adopt the libraries I created.
Technologies: C++, C, Oracle PL/SQL, Unix, Bash Script, Perl, Java, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)