Software Development Engineer 22020 - PRESENTAmazon Web Services (AWS)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), React, Node.js, Java, TypeScript
- Worked as a front-end engineer for Stealth Product yet to be released by Amazon. The technologies used were: React, TypeScript, Node.js, AWS, and AWS-CDK.
- Optimized React and Redux application to perform 2,000x faster when loading larger payloads.
- Refactored Java integration tests to run on realistic environments to increase the safety of deployments.
- Maintained and refactored feature work for distributed back-end network deployment software.
Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2020Phocas Software
Technologies: AWS DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Vert.x, Java, GraphQL, TypeScript, Redux, React
- Wrote a web application in Google Sheets style to be used for business accounting and forecasting.
- Refactored a React application for better performance by moving from State into Redux and adding memoization where appropriate.
- Mentored junior developers on React best practices through pair programming sessions.
Full-stack Engineer2019 - 2020Comrad Medical Systems
- Digitized paper forms as web apps available on both desktop and mobile to enable patients and health professionals to seamlessly access health data.
- Retrofitted authorization across Spring and Dropwizard Java back end.
- Fixed a concurrency JWT refresh bug in express servers using Node.js.
- Rewrote the web-based app in TypeScript to decrease bugs and increase developer productivity and happiness.
- Improved the deployment pipeline cycle time and added SonarLint to developer processes to improve the quality of the codebase.
Software Engineer | Scrum Master2017 - 2019Stroër Labs
- Enabled publishers to choose the ads to show on their websites using a filter as well as to track results through reporting tools.
- Drove cultural change as a scrum master to adopt more open communication and upfront risk management within an environment of team safety.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2017Orion Health
- Developed features that empower health professionals to manage their patient's list of problems and medications.
- Brought use of Docker for fast dev/test environment setups to the team.
- Judged and gave feedback on an internal hackathon used for graduate recruitment.