Data Engineer and Developer
Jurijs is an experienced Business Intelligence (BI) engineer with 14 years of experience building data warehouses (DWH) and BI applications. He can create a self-service BI environment for your organization from scratch, including building DWH, BI applications, and training for business users. He has strong experience with various relational, non-relational databases (NoSQL), and distributed systems.
ExperienceETL Development - 13 yearsData Warehouse Design - 12 yearsDimensional Modeling - 12 yearsTableau - 5 yearsQlikView - 3 yearsQlik Sense - 1 yearGoogle Data Studio - 1 yearGoogle BigQuery - 1 year
PL/SQL, Talend ETL, ELK (Elastic Stack), MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, Qlik Sense, QlikView, Tableau
The most amazing...
...thing I've rolled out was self-service BI with environment set up, data warehousing, ETL development, dimensional modeling, app development, and user training.
Unit Manager of Data Platform Unit/Service Area Delivery Manager
Luminor Bank AS
- Released the first version of the transaction search which provides search capabilities for interactive account statement service to end-users of the internet bank.
- Migrated customer transaction history from the old core system into a new data platform.
- Introduced pub-sub message delivery semantics for data integration between backend components.
- Built an internal team that took over the development of a data platform from an external consultancy.
- Supervised and coordinated the implementation of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Designed and defended various solution proposals in front of the enterprise architecture committee.
- Developed various BI applications with QlikView and Tableau for business areas such as marketing, customer acquisition, CRM, responsible gaming, payments, and finance.
- Created and supported various automated reports with Qlik NPrinting.
- Developed ETL and data marts with QlikView and jobs orchestration with QlikView Publisher.
- Built the DWH on Google Cloud Platform (dimensional modeling).
- Developed a BI application that helps to configure payment providers' pricing models and automatically calculate commissions. Developed with Google Sheets (configuration tool), Google Big Query (ETL), and Data Studio (reporting).
BI Data Engineer
- Implemented a self-service BI environment with Qlik Sense—from setting up the environment, data modeling, development of applications, and user training.
- Developed various BI applications such as CLV for marketing and customer classification with Qlik Sence.
- Created the POC of real-time analytics with ELK (Elastic stack).
- Developed the POC of data analytical layer for a big data platform to accelerate data queries speed with Jethro data.
Lead Software Developer
- Developed an analytical layer on top of the Big Data (Cloudera CDH) with the help of Apache Hive (ETL), Apache Impala (query engine), and Tableau (BI application layer).
- Built a consolidated dimensional model that brought data from different sources into a single data model that fit many business reporting needs.
- Introduced self-service BI to business users. Participated in many internal conferences in different offices around the EU to promote self-service BI with Tableau.
Idea Port Riga
- Developed and maintained DWH, ETL, and BI application processes for the insurance, telco, and pharmacy retailer companies.
- Customized CRM system to fix reporting data gaps and improve ETL processes (CDC).
- Built a data archiving tool to offload historical data from CRM to improve CRM's performance, which helped to decrease customer service response time.
- Developed POC of fraud detection BI application, which helped find fraudulent cases and analyze the reasons behind insurance claims.
- Created the POC of a product recommendation engine for pharmacy retailers, which could increase sales by offering similar products based on transactional data.
Securities and Financial Market Department, Analyst Programmer
- Built the customer investment portfolio performance report for customers.
- Created customer account statements and other regulatory reports automation.
- Developed the automated generation of customers' account statements and send-outs by email.
- Developed the integration layer between legacy systems and Oracle Siebel CRM (Java).
- Customized various Siebel CRM applications for clients.
- Improved performance of Siebel CRM system for a few clients by reviewing and refactoring custom scripts.
Data Streaming Platform
Self-service BI Environment
Analytical Layer on Top of Big Data
Tableau Public Profilehttps://public.tableau.com/profile/jurijs.jefimovs#!/
Tableau, Apache Impala, Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), Qlik Sense, ELK (Elastic Stack), Talend ETL, Apache NiFi, Amazon EKS, Kafka Streams, Siebel CRM, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI
Database Design, Dimensional Modeling, ETL, ETL Implementation & Design, Requirements Analysis, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Science
Database Architecture, Database Modeling, PL/SQL, Apache Hive, Data Lakes, Data Pipelines, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, SQL Performance, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle RDBMS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Data Warehouse Design, ETL Development, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Data Visualization, Dashboard Development, Dashboards, Dashboard Design, Visualization, Visualization Tools, Analytical Dashboards, Analytics, Analytical Thinking, Analysis, Impact Analysis, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence Training, Google Data Studio, Google BigQuery, Data Engineering, Performance Analysis, Amazon MSK, Jethro, Apache Kylin, IBM Cognos Business Intelligence, Oracle Data Miner, Performance Tuning, Big Data Architecture, Leadership, Team Leadership, Remote Work, Remote Team Leadership, NiFi, IT Project Management, Big Data, Streaming, APIs, Cloud Architecture, Open Data, Data Transformation
QlikView, Qlik NPrinting, Oracle BI EE 11g, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Bloomberg API, Spark ML
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Transport and Telecommunication Institute - Riga, Latvia
Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning
Tableau Advanced Trainings
Big Data XSeries
Data Science Specialization