Software Development Manager2016 - 2017Digabit
Technologies: Ember, Java, Node, MySQL, Solr, AWS, JSON API
- Led a team of six developers to rebuild a Flash UI in Ember.js.
- Procured management support for a project to overhaul engineering tools, processes, and architecture.
- Automated process to import/export localization strings.
- Architected migration process from legacy Flex UI to Ember.
- Wrote several key Ember modules including related items, user preferences, and contact media owner.
- Added appropriate automation using Phantom and Mocha.
Lead Engineer2012 - 2016Wayin
Technologies: React, Java, Backbone, AWS, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Personally developed many critical product features, including geo-search capability for social media posts, Drag-n-drop interface for CMS-like page management, and responsive cross-origin iFrame embeds.
- Served as technical lead on many high-profile engagements including Best Buy, Bank of America, Chevrolet, and the Denver Broncos.
- Managed build and deployment pipelines across 6+ AWS server groups using Jenkins, Gulp, and Grunt.
- Implemented web-driver automation testing using PhantomJS and CasperJS.
- Worked closely with the Director of Quality to implement unit testing strategy resulting in improved visibility to code coverage, thereby adding hundreds of unit tests to the codebase in a matter of weeks.
- Implemented Agile practices, an on-call schedule, and support guidelines that led to a 90%+ retention rate for a SaaS product.
- Assisted in recruiting, hiring, and onboarding fourteen developer, QA, and operations team members as the team grew and needs evolved.
User Interface Engineer2011 - 2012Local Matters
- Maintained rich web applications using proprietary JS libraries and JSP as the lead UI engineer on a directory search application.
- Acted as a leader on the engineering team by spearheading initiatives to remove redundancy, coaching teammates on Agile best practices, implementing code reviews, encouraging collaboration, and automating common engineering tasks using shell scripts and Atlassian APIs.