Justin is a full-stack developer with extensive experience in Ruby on Rails, React (including React Native), Java, SQL (MySQL and Postgres), and NoSQL (HBase, Solr, and Elasticsearch). He has also practiced software architecture skills that have been honed on professional and personal projects.
GitHub, Eclipse, Sublime Text, OS X
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a deep copying algorithm for Rails ActiveRecord models that uses meta programming to trace relationships and copy non-blacklisted objects.
- Learned an entirely new development stack on the fly, including Ruby on Rails and Flux architecture using React.
- Architected and oversaw the implementation of business critical systems and features.
- Trained and taught fellow developers the technologies mentioned above.
- Collaborated with members of the product and design team to rebrand the entire Kapow marketplace.
- Acted as the lead developer and subject matter expert on the development team that is building the core internal application.
- Provided system and technical knowledge to other developers and the product and design team.
- Planned technical strategies with the CTO and project manager for dealing with scaling out workflows.
- Wrote a meta-programming function to deep copy Ruby on Rails' ActiveRecord model.
- Created the model for our internal financial system and wrote the back-end code to store and perform calculations.
Technology Services Group
- Managed and did development on a project that implemented a full-stack custom ECM solution. The stack was an Informix (SQL-based) database that was accessed via a web-based REST API (built in a Java application running on an Apache Tomcat) that drove multiple web apps. The web apps used Backbone.js as the framework.
- Developed products using the following technologies: Solr and Lucene, Knockout.js, Apache Server, HBase, DQL (SQL based proprietary language), Shell script, Batch script, Docker containers, and AngularJS.
- Interfaced directly with clients to perform and aid in the testing, validation, and deployment to the production stages of a large-scale project.
- Simultaneously managed multiple developers on different projects, thereby learning how to provide guidelines, foster productivity, and enforce accountability.
- Delivered products on truncated and changing timelines to effectively meet the needs of clients.
- Provided time and project estimates to my project manager as well as the client in order to maintain a budget and prioritize action items.
- Translated business requirements into technical tasks for both myself and other developers.
Tenant - Connecting Tenants with Great Landlords
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Knockout (Knockout.js), React Native, Hadoop, AngularJS
React, Luigi, Backbone.js
Apache Tomcat, Eclipse IDE, Alfresco, Gradle, Apache, Sublime Text, GitHub, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Ant, Solr
OOO, Agile Software Development
MySQL, IBM Informix, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, HBase
Software Development, EMC Documentum, Ant, RHEL
iOS, OS X, Eclipse, Solaris, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Miami University - Oxford, OH