Software Developer2015 - PRESENTKapow
- Learned an entirely new development stack on the fly, including Ruby on Rails and Flux architecture using React.
- Architected and oversaw the implementation of business critical systems and features.
- Trained and taught fellow developers the technologies mentioned above.
- Collaborated with members of the product and design team to rebrand the entire Kapow marketplace.
- Acted as the lead developer and subject matter expert on the development team that is building the core internal application.
- Provided system and technical knowledge to other developers and the product and design team.
- Planned technical strategies with the CTO and project manager for dealing with scaling out workflows.
- Wrote a meta-programming function to deep copy Ruby on Rails' ActiveRecord model.
- Created the model for our internal financial system and wrote the back-end code to store and perform calculations.
Systems Analyst2012 - 2015Technology Services Group
- Managed and did development on a project that implemented a full-stack custom ECM solution. The stack was an Informix (SQL-based) database that was accessed via a web-based REST API (built in a Java application running on an Apache Tomcat) that drove multiple web apps. The web apps used Backbone.js as the framework.
- Developed products using the following technologies: Solr and Lucene, Knockout.js, Apache Server, HBase, DQL (SQL based proprietary language), Shell script, Batch script, Docker containers, and AngularJS.
- Interfaced directly with clients to perform and aid in the testing, validation, and deployment to the production stages of a large-scale project.
- Simultaneously managed multiple developers on different projects, thereby learning how to provide guidelines, foster productivity, and enforce accountability.
- Delivered products on truncated and changing timelines to effectively meet the needs of clients.
- Provided time and project estimates to my project manager as well as the client in order to maintain a budget and prioritize action items.
- Translated business requirements into technical tasks for both myself and other developers.