Verified Expert in Engineering
Justin trained in business information systems and has a solid and practical understanding of business processes and improvements. He has been developing web-based applications that add value to businesses for over eight years.
CSS, jQuery, Node.js, HTML5, Git, LAMP, PHP
The most amazing...
...platform I've founded is growing to be a leading provider of digital church bulletins.
Lead Mobile Developer
- Managed a team of engineers through an agile development process.
- Designed a cross-platform system that communicates across Android, iOS, web, and third-party tools.
- Used test-driven development to ensure a complete API.
- Built a system that paired two devices based on geolocation.
- Built a suite of mobile and web applications with an API.
- Developed a peer-to-peer video call system with recordings.
- Managed a Google App Engine environment for deployment and maintenance of a WordPress website.
- Implemented custom theme functions and modules in WordPress.
- Implemented UI elements and pages based off mockups.
- Integrated website-generated leads with Marketo, Salesforce, and other third-party tools.
- Implemented third-party A/B testing libraries for boosting conversions.
- Optimized page performance and speed with Google PageSpeed and other performance monitoring tools.
- Used geo-located caching to ensure optimal page delivery across the globe.
- Built a modern single-page app with VueJS with a Firebase backend and server less hosting.
- Created a microservices architecture which tying together workers, monitors, schedulers, and distributors.
- Created a custom drag-and-drop builder allowing customers to create dynamic, auto-refreshing web pages and PDFs.
- Built a reliable distribution system that has sent hundreds of thousands of SMS messages through different messaging gateways.
- Integrated social media services including scheduled posts and engagement/performance monitoring.
American Statistical Association
- Imported and converted legacy spreadsheets into a database.
- Communicated with administrative staff and key decision makers to document business processes.
- Designed a web solution modernizing business processes and saving hours of work.
- Provided a support system for a global team of academic faculty.
- Accomplished programming goals with zero-downtime upgrades and hotfixes.
Technical Director — Financial Tools/Systems
- Architected and led the migration of legacy systems to modern technologies.
- Integrated web technologies with complex Excel spreadsheets to run illustrations and calculations.
- Built pixel-perfect and responsive user interfaces to embed in client sites.
- Built dynamic and professional print-quality PDF brochures and sales pamphlets.
- Created user interfaces that are fully cross-browser complete and functional.
- Created custom financial sales tools for annuities and other financial products.
- Refactored the existing screens and views with new responsive designs.
- Implemented new major platform features, including emails, events, notifications, etc.
- Optimized back-end services and APIs to increase the performance and reliability of the front end.
- Created a custom website featuring world-class stock photography with lightning fast load time.
- Implemented natural language searching across hundreds of thousands of images.
- Built a custom payment stack including licensing, multiple payment methods, and asset delivery.
- Created custom reporting, analysis, and royalty reports for independent creators.
- Creating an asset ingestion pipeline including asset processing, integration with machine learning asset recognition, and asset approval.
- Implemented a single sign-on system for a suite of applications that generates purchase orders and invoices using TCPDF and WKHTMLTOPDF. The suite uses a central database for notifications and communications throughout.
- Created an engine that simulates and predicts future customer usage.
- Created an intuitive input for complicated calendar data.
- Configured a load-balanced database network.
- Built on an existing REST framework.
- Deployed cloud-based virtual machines from images.
- Used Django to collect survey data.
- Load tested the front-end site with custom distributed scripts.
Cheeky Monkey Media
- Added new features to the Drupal 5 website of a national toy brand.
- Upgraded the eCommerce engine of a Magento site.
- Built a storytelling website for a non-profit based in Drupal 7.
- Added product searching features to a Drupal 6 eCommerce site.
- Implemented Scrum and Agile practices management techniques with a distributed team.
Systems Support Specialist
Iowa State University
- Managed and configured numerous Windows-based servers.
- Created an online version of student records, enabling student and faculty input, greatly reducing administrative hours.
- Implemented and managed thin-client based computer networks.
- Supported faculty and student websites, networks, and software.
- Managed student employees.
Justin was a lead developer on the suite and helped design and architect the underlining infrastructure.
Catalyst, Laravel, Django, Zend Framework, React Native, ZURB Foundation, AngularJS, Bootstrap 3, .NET
jQuery, Node.js, Twilio API, Vue, FPDF, WebRTC, PhantomJS, React
SpreadsheetGear, Cron, Git, Microsoft Excel, TCPDF, Gulp, Bower, Composer, Capistrano, Grunt, Xdebug
Linux, WordPress, Firebase, Docker, AWS Lambda, Windows Server 2012, LAMP, Google App Engine, Marketo, Twilio, Twitter, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Drupal
MySQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
Software Design, System Architecture, System Administration, Leadership, SMS, Financial Reporting, APIs, Blade Templates, Outlook, PDF, Facebook, System Architecture Design, PDF Design
REST, Agile Software Development, Microservices, Microservices Architecture, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Management Information Systems
Iowa State University - Ames, IA