HTML Developer in San Francisco, CA, United States
Front-End Developer2017 - 2017Twine Docs
- Led a development team of 4 to create a web app that utilizes Git for online document collaboration.
- Built React components for a document editor and Git diff interface with Enzyme-based unit tests.
- Developed a clean UI using a combination of custom CSS and React Bootstrap UI.
Front-End Developer2017 - 2017Safe Food Administration
Technologies: React Native
- Built a React Native mobile application with custom styling for iOS and Android.
- Created form validation on React components to display error data to the user.
- Defined a JSON data structure and built front-end handlers for real-time content updates from a RESTful API.
Front-End Developer & Designer2015 - 2016BODY App
- Converted designs into HTML and CSS for a responsive web application built with AngularJS and Bootstrap.
- Created site-wide pixel perfect designs and wireframes with Balsamiq and Sketch.
- Developed modular front-end design components using custom CSS and Bootstrap.
- Generated 15,000 leads and 4,500 monthly user sessions with web scraping and an email drip campaign.
- Scaled a WebRTC video service and studio management system from 1 fitness provider to 65.
Product Manager2014 - 2016Fidelity Investments
Technologies: Balsamiq, Sketch, Product Management (Pragmatic Marketing), Design Thinking (Stanford Design School)
- Led a cross-functional team of 15 employees to launch the Fidelity Hackathon program in the US, Europe, and Asia resulting in $6.25 million in newly funded projects.
- Achieved 75% in cost savings on project implementations for business partners by leading the prototyping projects evaluating AI services including IBM Watson and Alchemy API.
- Implemented a demand-testing infrastructure for internal startup ventures to make metrics-based decisions.
Fellow2011 - 2013Olympus Corporation
- Designed the next-generation components for Olympus Surgical’s flagship tissue management device contributing over $200 million in annual revenues.
- Built and launched a novel technology management process impacting over 800 employees within 5 R&D and manufacturing facilities governing internal technology development from conception through commercialization.
- Improved sales revenue by 8% by designing a novel sales strategy and launching marketing materials for Olympus’ Surgical Endoscopy business.
- BODY App (Development)
A Y Combinator backed startup with an Sngular web app for fitness professionals to offer live and on-demand classes (Stack: Angular, Node, Firebase).
I converted the designs into HTML and CSS for a responsive web application built with AngularJS and Bootstrap. I also led the design for the company by developing site-wide pixel perfect designs and wireframes with Balsamiq and Sketch.
- Twine Docs (Development)
Twine is a hub where writers can share their work with the world and solicit feedback, while others can look over the story and make their own variation.
I led a development team of 4 to create a web app that utilizes Git for online document collaboration. I built the React components for a document editor and Git interface with Enzyme-based unit tests. I implemented all the front-end design for the site and created a clean UI using a combination of custom CSS and React Bootstrap UI.
- Mobile Moisture Calculator (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sfamoisturecalculator&hl=en
Used React Native to build a native iOS and Android mobile application for moisture measurement of fruits and food commodities. I created the logic for the calculator along with a platform specific functionality for iOS and Android.
I built custom form validation on user-facing React components to display error data while also defining JSON data structure for real-time content updates from our RESTful API.
- TrueTalk (Development)http://www.justinmendelson.com/portfolio/front-end-web-design-2/
Led the UX/UI design and front-end development creating a React web widget allowing customers on any website to leave feedback via video or audio (stack: React, Node, Mongo).
- Personal Portfolio (Development)http://www.justinmendelson.com/
This is my personal portfolio website that was a custom WordPress implementation. The site is a combination portfolio and blogging product that showcases some of the technical and non-technical products that I have built.
- Perfect Burpee (Development)
I implemented custom designs for this eCommerce site built with WordPress and WooCommerce.
FrameworksBootstrap 3, Express.js, AngularJS, Jest, React Native
Libraries/APIsReact, jQuery, React Redux, Chai, Node.js
ToolsGitHub, Balsamiq, Sketch, Mocha, SOLIDWORKS
ParadigmsAgile, Functional Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD)
OtherProduct Management, RESTful Services
- Certificate in Advanced Software Engineering Program (Full-Stack Development)2016 - 2017Hack Reactor - San Francisco, CA, USA
- Master's degree in Management Science2010 - 2011Lehigh University - Bethlehem, PA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering2006 - 2010Lehigh University - Bethlehem, PA, USA