Senior Software Engineer | Team Lead2015 - PRESENTStartup (eCommerce, Payments, & Government Technology)
- Trimmed eight seconds (66%) off the homepage load time just by applying browser-based profiling and analysis done before joining the company.
- Helped build a new front end using the React ecosystem, including Redux, React Native, React Bootstrap, and Material UI.
- Reduced outages by 99% of important algorithm-driven Java and C services by reducing race conditions and memory leaks.
- Built services using a variety of technologies, such as Ruby on Rails (including MRI and JRuby), Groovy on Grails/Spring Boot, Django, and Express.js.
- Performed software architecture and design to improve the long term maintainability and scalability of projects.
- Created framework-agnostic Material and Bootstrap web components using Angular and integrated them with React components.
Analyst Developer2012 - 2015Goldman Sachs
- Communicated with non-technical people (e.g., compliance officers and traders) and engineered software to do whatever they needed.
- Improved web service latency by 90% via building an aggregation cache using the JVM and SQL.
- Became the C# go-to person on my large global team and taught the team about the Agile methodology.
- Used scripting languages like Ruby, Python, Bash, and DOS to automate tasks and perform file handling.
Technical Consultant2010 - 2012Capital One & eBay
- Applied principles of White Hat ethical hacking and software engineering to reduce system vulnerabilities.
- Substituted as a technical lead occasionally and applied the Agile methodology to generate incremental value.
- Tuned databases, algorithms, and caches to improve the latency of systems.
- Integrated third-party software and APIs to improve the robustness of systems.