CTO and Lead Developer2014 - 2016Knack Studios
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, EmberJS, jQuery, Django, Node.js, Express
- Took on every part of the pipeline, from design and markup to back-end implementation on many projects.
- Helped training both new programmers and designers new to the web. Designed many websites in tandem with newer designers.
Web Developer2013 - 2014Xepler
Technologies: Django, Python, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails
- Built an Ionic application backed on a Django API that was deployed to the Apple Store and Google Play Store for both iOS and Android. The application was successful and accomplished its intended purpose.
- Worked on many Django/Angular applications, small and large, for the multiple consulting projects that we had. Included were task tracking, recipe creation, and medical database applications.
- Helped move the team to using more reliable test-driven methodology. Introduced testing to many pipelines where there was none at all before.
System Administrator2012 - 2014BCT Consulting
Technologies: CentOS, Debian, Asterisk, Perl, Ruby on Rails
- Managed many VoIP Linux servers using CentOS and Asterisk.
- Created a custom eFax server (built from scratch) on Debian using Perl and POP3 mailbox. Began creating a Ruby on Rails front-end for this eFax server.
- Helped the company adopt better system administration practices, including regular security updates and more jailed environments.
Linux System Administrator and Research Assistant2006 - 2009VAST Lab
Technologies: OpenGL, OpenCV, C, C++, Python, Ruby, Debian, Ubuntu
- Created 3D camera viewing software in OpenGL C++ to assist in biometric research for a professor.
- Managed a network of Linux machines performing various lab services such as LDAP, email, tape backups, and network mounts.
- Assisted with fingerprint identification research and attempted to improve the accuracy of an algorithm being used by a professor.