Software Database Developer2019 - PRESENTFreelance
- Developed a Rest API Framework using Node.js and MariaDB (MySQL-compatible) database, including data modeling and API architecture.
- Created a web browser extension that assists in collecting and organizing real-time social media user activity and comments.
- Built a multiple-input application using the Vue.js framework that sorts, records, and organizes sales activities with barcode automation and drag-and-drop functionality.
Senior Programmer Analyst2005 - 2019Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds
- Led the development of custom in-house web applications and the design of supporting databases.
- Created custom reporting writing and database maintenance for third-party software.
- Initiated a successful relaunch of the highly visible Grower Receiving System application set, which includes multiple web sites, a REST API, and web services accessed by mobile devices.
- Designed, programmed, and launched in-house a multilingual web application for Human Resources to establish training resources for a new Training Department. This recorded the training results for over 10,000 employees, with 1.8 thousand named courses plant-wide.
- Recognized as the subject matter expert (SME) and sole developer on numerous projects impacting at least 11 different departments: Human Resources, Accounting, Grower Relations, Purchasing, Training, Accounts Payable, and Wellness, among others.
- Built a tracking system that monitors 500 million pounds of product annually, generating payment forecasts and multi-million dollar payment batches to thousands of payees, and a customer-facing web portal sharing real-time data with several hundred users.
- Initiated a Rest API Framework using ASP.NET MVC (C#) and SQL Server database, including data modeling and API architecture.
- Managed multiple tracks of development within timelines and budget following Waterfall or Agile methodologies as required.
- Proven record of value creation through progressive roles. Adept at team leadership to create sustainable solutions for long-term success.
- Adept in conflict resolution, roadblock removal, compliance, quality assurance, release management, and business strategy alignment.
Programmer Analyst2003 - 2005Paramount Farms, Inc.
- Developed interfaces using SQL to synchronize data from HRMS to a Time & Attendance System, Access Control System, Training Tracking, and Hiring, and Performance Review databases.
- Developed sustainable, analytics-based solutions, including tools, people, and processes.
- Led and implemented Data Governance and Data Quality Solutions.
- Led training sessions for end users when rolling out new services.
- Analyzed business requirements of all departments to determine enterprise-wide technology needs, leading to customizations that significantly increased efficiencies.
- Researched, discovered, debugged, and fixed programming defects.