Justus started as a full-stack developer in 2008 and has been the software architect for a leading real-estate firm since 2016. He has 14+ years of experience developing software using .NET, .NET Core, Node.js, React, etc. Justus is well versed in microservice architecture and has developed state-of-the-art DevOps pipelines using Docker and Kubernetes. Justus communicates very well, is detail-oriented, and delivers top-quality consistently.
ExperiencePHP - 9 yearsNode.js - 5 yearsReact - 5 years.NET Core - 4 yearsKubernetes - 4 yearsPostgreSQL - 4 yearsGraphQL - 4 years
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, React, Node.js, .NET Core
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a microservice stack with a GitOps build pipeline, RabbitMQ inter-service communication, and Kubernetes hosting on AWS.
- Built a GitOps build pipeline, orchestrating staging and production environments on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS EKS.
- Created a buyer leads service using .NET Core, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Hangfire. This service contains a weighted assignment engine and a lead-scoring mechanism.
- Developed a GraphQL gateway service that aggregates data from many underlying microservices and performs authentication and authorization using JWT.
- Programmed a global search service, aggregating data from many underlying microservices, that provides lightning-fast and applicable search results using Elasticsearch.
- Constructed a custom CRM using React and GraphQL, used by 100+ employees daily. This includes the management of contacts, companies, events, leads, listings, and much more.
- Built many NuGet and npm libraries, used on many services to provide functionality like RabbitMQ communication, consistent request, error logging, and React components.
- Created much of what you see at Leadhome.co.za using React, Redux, and Node.js. This property portal allows you to book viewings for properties and much more.
- Developed a React component library used by the micro UIs that make up the CRM interface, including everything from buttons to reusable forms and data providers.
- Managed a team of three developers to deliver a few lead-focused services used by the CRM.
- Coached and managed developers and designers in the process of developing software.
- Developed the company website using AngularJS, PHP, and WordPress.
- Built a variety of client websites, listed on Psypher.co.za.
- Created a client website development starting kit to kickstart projects.
- Developed the website that can be seen at https://bondspark.co.za.
- Built an affordability calculator allowing the user to calculate their estimated home loan amount and total repayment, considering interest rate and more.
- Built a repayment calculator that allows the user to calculate the monthly repayment of a bond.
Senior Full-stack Web Developer
- Developed an SPA Web UI using AngularJS and TypeScript.
- Collaborated in the development of a REST JSON API, using PHP and Laravel.
- Developed distribution compilation and packaging scripts for easy deployment.
- Sliced and applied PSD designs with HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap to create a responsive user interface.
- Integrated UI libraries like JWPlayer, Markdown, MomentJS, and Velocity to create a rich and cutting-edge experience.
- Hosted using AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
Senior Full-stack Web Developer
- Designed and developed a custom WordPress theme using Photoshop, HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap.
- Developed a photo library using custom post types and custom page templates.
Senior Web Developer
- Designed a minimalist and modern website using Photoshop.
- Sliced PSD designs using HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap.
- Developed custom WordPress themes, using custom post types and custom page templates.
- Created a mobile site used for onsite social sharing of campaigns and events.
- Integrated with Twitter, Facebook, and Bitly to enable social sharing.
- Developed a metrics service that updates regularly, collecting the social interactions on posts made via the mobile site.
- Built a responsive desktop site and admin area for campaign management.
- Wrote an ASP.NET Web API serving data to two Angular sites.
- Created a performance page with graphs using D3 showing the metrics data collected.
- Set up hosting on Azure websites and cloud services.
- Created a calendar similar to Google Calendar used to schedule and review the roster of fitness classes offered.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed a fleet management web application called DynaMiX, which is used for vehicle position and event tracking by large corporations including Parmalat, Shell, the Belgian police force, and more.
- Created an info hub component with a TweetDeck-like user experience for the management of events, jobs, and messages.
- Built a fleet administration component enabling users to manage fleet details, servicing records and reminders, vehicle access control, mobile tracking unit configuration, and lots more.
- Programmed a hosting and operations component enabling support staff to create new client databases, manage organizational settings, and more.
- Developed unit tests to ensure product stability and minimize regression.
- Provided support for a tracking component enabling users to view current and historical trip data.
- Created a notification component enabling users to create custom notifications for vehicle events.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed a WordPress plugin for use with a mobile application to enable a password-free sign-in platform.
- Built a Joomla! plugin for use with a mobile application to enable a password-free sign-in platform.
- Programmed a Drupal plugin for use with a mobile application to enable a password-free sign-in platform.
New Media Labs
- Developed and supported an investment management web application for Nedgroup Investments.
- Built a custom reporting framework focusing on maintainability and lowering future development cost for Nedgroup Investments.
- Created a dashboard charting framework for visual summary reporting for Nedgroup Investments.
- Developed and managed the team for a mobile web application for Mr. Delivery.
- Built and supported a custom CMS solution.
- Created unit and integration testing framework to ensure product stability and detect regression.
- Integrated with data warehouse web services for use on reporting pages.
Senior Web Developer
- Developed an online shop for the sale of various items such as maternity wear, home decorations, gifts, and more.
- Built a seller shop front component allowing users to register as sellers and sell their own homemade items online.
- Created an administration component for overseeing transactions and new seller registrations.
- Programmed a shopping cart component to allow buyers to add items to their cart, specify product options, and pay by credit card.
- Wrote a category search and menu component to create a better user experience when looking for products.
- Developed the main and mobile websites for Colgate toothpaste.
- Built a 360° view component for use on the Tutch Card website.
- Provided support and developed extensions for the main site of Huggies diapers.
- Created a RESTful PHP API enabling persistence for Flash games for Castle Light Beer.
- Supported the main company website.
- Supported and developed a custom CRM system used to manage students, courses, and company finances.
- Built a replacement CRM system while focusing on maintainability and future expansion.
- Developed and optimized reports to reduce load time and fix accuracy issues.
- Created a phone call recording system allowing sales consultants to capture phone conversations for future reference.
The tech consists of multiple layers of magic. In the front sits a next-gen fully isomorphic React + Redux website. This is served by a .NET API abstracting away integration with a PostgreSQL DB, Salesforce, and a few data providers. The website also consumes a REST API from a custom WordPress instance serving as an amazing content management platform.
All of this is hosted on AWS and published with a full continuous integration system.
FanAngel is an AngularJS UI consuming a PHP and Laravel JSON API.
DynaMiX by MiX Telematics Internationalhttp://www.mixtelematics.com
All the code can be found https://github.com/justusburger/expensetracker for technical review purposes.
Redux, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Cypress, CodeIgniter, Nancy, AngularJS, Angular, Bootstrap, Laravel
React, Node.js, Moq, LINQ, D3.js
Babel, Webpack, Grunt, WebStorm, RabbitMQ, Adobe Photoshop, Figma
Test Automation, Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development
MacOS, WordPress, Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Azure
Freelancing, GitOps, Apollo, Domain-driven Design (DDD)
MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL
Microsoft Certified Software Developer's Degree in Distributed Software Development
Microsoft - Washington
Technical Degree in Software Engineering
New Horizons - Cape Town, South Africa