Software Architect2016 - PRESENTLeadhome
Technologies: Kubernetes, React, Node.js, .NET Core
- Built a GitOps build pipeline, orchestrating staging and production environments on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS EKS.
- Created a buyer leads service using .NET Core, Postgres, Redis, and Hangfire. This service contains a weighted assignment engine and a lead-scoring mechanism.
- Developed a GraphQL gateway service that aggregates data from many underlying microservices and performs authentication and authorization using JWT.
- Programmed a global search service, aggregating data from many underlying microservices, that provides lightning-fast and applicable search results using Elasticsearch.
- Constructed a custom CRM using React and GraphQL, used by 100+ employees daily. This includes the managements of contacts, companies, events, leads, listings, and much more.
- Built many nuget and npm libraries, used on many services to provide functionality like RabbitMQ communication, consistent request and error logging, and React components.
- Created much of what you see at https://leadhome.co.za using React, Redux and Node.js. This is a property portal allowing you to book viewings for properties and much more.
- Developed a React component library, used by the micro UIs that make up the CRM interface. This includes everything from buttons to reusable forms and data providers.
CTO, Founder2014 - PRESENTPsypher
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, AngularJS
- Coached and managed developers and designers in the process of developing software.
- Developed the company website using AngularJS, PHP, and WordPress.
- Built a variety of client websites, listed on http://psypher.co.za.
- Set up company cloud server and network.
- Created a client website development starting kit to kickstart projects.
Software Developer2019 - 2020Bondspark
Technologies: .NET Core, PostgreSQL, React
- Developed the website that can be seen at https://bondspark.co.za.
- Built an affordability calculator allowing the user to calculate their estimated home loan amount and total repayment, considering interest rate and more.
- Built a repayment calculator that allows the user to calculate the monthly repayment of a bond.
Senior Full-stack Web Developer2014 - 2016FanAngel
Technologies: MySQL, Laravel, PHP, AngularJS, TypeScript
- Developed an SPA Web UI using AngularJS and TypeScript.
- Collaborated in the development of a REST JSON API, using PHP and Laravel.
- Developed distribution compilation and packaging scripts for easy deployment.
- Sliced and applied PSD designs with HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap to create a responsive user interface.
- Integrated UI libraries like JWPlayer, Markdown, MomentJS, and Velocity to create a rich and cutting-edge experience.
- Hosted using AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
Senior Full-stack Web Developer2015 - 2015Anza Flooring
- Designed and developed a custom WordPress theme using Photoshop, HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap.
- Developed a photo library using custom post types and custom page templates.
Senior Web Developer2015 - 2015Christ Gen
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, CSS3, HTML5
- Designed a minimalist and modern website using Photoshop.
- Sliced PSD designs using HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap.
- Developed custom WordPress themes, using custom post types and custom page templates.
Web Developer2014 - 2014Context A3
- Created a mobile site used for onsite social sharing of campaigns and events.
- Integrated with Twitter, Facebook, and Bitly to enable social sharing.
- Developed a metrics service that updates regularly, collecting the social interactions on posts made via the mobile site.
- Built a responsive desktop site and admin area for campaign management.
- Wrote an ASP.NET Web API serving data to two Angular sites.
- Created a performance page with graphs using D3 showing the metrics data collected.
- Set up hosting on Azure websites and cloud services.
Web Developer2014 - 2014TurboRoster
- Created a calendar similar to Google Calendar used to schedule and review the roster of fitness classes offered.
Senior Software Developer2013 - 2014MiX Telematics
- Developed a fleet management web application called DynaMiX, which is used for vehicle position and event tracking by large corporations including Parmalat, Shell, the Belgian police force, and more.
- Created an info hub component with a TweetDeck-like user experience for the management of events, jobs, and messages.
- Built a fleet administration component enabling users to manage fleet details, servicing records and reminders, vehicle access control, mobile tracking unit configuration, and lots more.
- Programmed a hosting and operations component enabling support staff to create new client databases, manage organizational settings, and more.
- Developed unit tests to ensure product stability and minimize regression.
- Provided support for a tracking component enabling users to view current and historical trip data.
- Created a notification component enabling users to create custom notifications for vehicle events.
Senior Software Developer2013 - 2013Global Kinetic
- Developed a WordPress plugin for use with a mobile application to enable a password-free sign-in platform.
- Built a Joomla! plugin for use with a mobile application to enable a password-free sign-in platform.
- Programmed a Drupal plugin for use with a mobile application to enable a password-free sign-in platform.
Software Developer2011 - 2013New Media Labs
- Developed and supported an investment management web application for Nedgroup Investments.
- Built a custom reporting framework focusing on maintainability and lowering future development cost for Nedgroup Investments.
- Created a dashboard charting framework for visual summary reporting for Nedgroup Investments.
- Developed and managed the team for a mobile web application for Mr. Delivery.
- Built and supported a custom CMS solution.
- Created unit and integration testing framework to ensure product stability and detect regression.
- Integrated with data warehouse web services for use on reporting pages.
Senior Web Developer2011 - 2012StudioSOKO
- Developed an online shop for the sale of various items such as maternity wear, home decorations, gifts, and more.
- Built a seller shop front component allowing users to register as sellers and sell their own homemade items online.
- Created an administration component for overseeing transactions and new seller registrations.
- Programmed a shopping cart component to allow buyers to add items to their cart, specify product options, and pay by credit card.
- Wrote a category search and menu component to create a better user experience when looking for products.
Web Developer2011 - 2011Hello Computer
- Developed the main and mobile websites for Colgate toothpaste.
- Built a 360° view component for use on the Tutch Card website.
- Provided support and developed extensions for the main site of Huggies diapers.
- Created a RESTful PHP API enabling persistence for Flash games for Castle Light Beer.
- Supported the main company website.
Software Developer2008 - 2011New Horizons
- Supported and developed a custom CRM system used to manage students, courses, and company finances.
- Built a replacement CRM system while focusing on maintainability and future expansion.
- Developed and optimized reports to reduce load time and fix accuracy issues.
- Created a phone call recording system allowing sales consultants to capture phone conversations for future reference.