- Software EngineerEtherios Wireless Design Services2009 - 2014
- Created a manufacturing test framework in Python capable of testing four cell modules simultaneously with shared hardware.
- Developed an in-house electrical component database in Django and MySQL tying into Altium's circuit layout application.
- Developed a Python library to report data via Orbcomm communication satellites from a moving vehicle.
- Created many libraries from scratch to communicate with a large variety of test hardware, from programmable power supplies to cellular callboxes.
- Worked as lead developer from start to finish for around a dozen manufacturing testing tools in Python.
- Builder, ProgrammerLeonardo's Basement2009 - 2009
Technologies: Java, C++, AVR, Arduino
- Wired together and programmed a cockpit-like room as a space for children to push buttons and type commands to experiment with what would happen.
- Used Arduinos connected to relay banks to run a variety of lights and devices.
- Connected a simple 1970s terminal to serve as a point for children to enter commands and guess at the "launch" sequence.
- Allowed the launch sequence to coordinate lights, sounds, and text to give the impression that something crazy was happening.
- Continued support for some time as children took their toll on the entropy of the system.
- Software Engineer (Fatigue Tracking)The Boeing Company2003 - 2005
Technologies: C++, VBA, wxWidgets
- Adapted a legacy application from Ada to C++ for fatigue tracking in F-15s as part of a 3-person team.
- Developed a system for reading/writing and processing (often faulty) F-15 tape data in a variety of formats.
- Developed a wxWidgets front-end for the application.
- Automated data filtering in foreign aircrafts that had previously been done by hand.
- Spent considerable time adapting unit-safe libraries to the version of C++ required by the customer.