Verified Expert in Engineering
Kacey is a strong developer with peer-acknowledged prowess in problem solving and debugging. As an experienced technical lead, she designs systems congruous to the problem space. As a programmer, she makes sure to acquire a deep understanding of the task.
Git, JetBrains, Vim Text Editor, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...architecture I've designed ran four lines of a cellular manufacturing tester in parallel on shared equipment.
Etherios Wireless Design Services
- Created a manufacturing test framework in Python capable of testing four cell modules simultaneously with shared hardware.
- Developed an in-house electrical component database in Django and MySQL tying into Altium's circuit layout application.
- Developed a Python library to report data via Orbcomm communication satellites from a moving vehicle.
- Created many libraries from scratch to communicate with a large variety of test hardware, from programmable power supplies to cellular callboxes.
- Worked as lead developer from start to finish for around a dozen manufacturing testing tools in Python.
- Wired together and programmed a cockpit-like room as a space for children to push buttons and type commands to experiment with what would happen.
- Used Arduinos connected to relay banks to run a variety of lights and devices.
- Connected a simple 1970s terminal to serve as a point for children to enter commands and guess at the "launch" sequence.
- Allowed the launch sequence to coordinate lights, sounds, and text to give the impression that something crazy was happening.
- Continued support for some time as children took their toll on the entropy of the system.
Software Engineer (Fatigue Tracking)
The Boeing Company
- Adapted a legacy application from Ada to C++ for fatigue tracking in F-15s as part of a 3-person team.
- Developed a system for reading/writing and processing (often faulty) F-15 tape data in a variety of formats.
- Developed a wxWidgets front-end for the application.
- Automated data filtering in foreign aircrafts that had previously been done by hand.
- Spent considerable time adapting unit-safe libraries to the version of C++ required by the customer.
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Concurrent Programming, Agile Software Development, MEAN Stack, Functional Programming
Arduino, Windows, AVR, MacOS, Android, Linux
jQuery, XML ElementTree, wxWidgets
Eclipse IDE, Mercurial, Git, PyCharm, Vim Text Editor, JetBrains, WebStorm
JSON, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Express.js, AngularJS, Flask, Django
Master's Degree in Mathematics
University of Calgary - Calgary, Alberta
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign - Champaign, Illinois