Verified Expert in Engineering
Kai is a senior full-stack developer and technical lead with over 14 years of experience. He has previously worked at Amazon Web Services where he designed and launched the continuous deployment service AWS CodePipeline. He specializes in back-end development using .NET and Java, and front-end development using a variety of modern web frameworks including Angular 2 and React.
Git, WebStorm, Visual Studio, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is the AWS service CodePipeline.
- Made significant stability improvements and eliminated the defect backlog.
- Made improvements to the release process to allow a faster and safer release.
- Built major features that led to new customer acquisition.
- Created automated test coverage across the existing application.
- Redesigned and rebuilt a REST API supporting a mobile app.
- Converted the API into a multi-tenant SaaS offering.
- Developed a new Angular application to interact with the API.
- Led the transition to the new API for existing apps.
- Delivered a new candidate registration website to replace two legacy sites and a manual paper registration process.
- Mentored the team on modern development practices like continuous deployment and TDD.
- Migrated a paper-based government process to an automated solution.
- Developed a recruitment website.
- Redesigned and migrated an existing solution to a new stack with an Angular 2 front-end and REST API.
- Increased the adoption of automated testing among the team.
- Moved the team towards continuous deployment.
- Developed a Facebook bot prototype to perform job searches.
Senior Software Engineer
Amazon Web Services
- Designed and launched the continuous deployment service CodePipeline.
- Led a team of ten developers.
- Performed cross-organizational design reviews.
- Built a custom .NET application and did framework development.
- Worked as the technical lead for a POS system modernizing project for a major Australian retail company.
- Developed a legal aid management system used in several Australian states.
- Provided L3 support of a digital certificate and key management application.
- Redesigned and rewrote a key/certificate management component included in the IBM JDK.
- Worked on a temporary international assignment that was supporting the development team with a new product launch.
.NET, Angular, .NET Core, ASP.NET Web API, NUnit, SpecFlow, Spring, ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Communication Framework (WCF), ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework Core
Azure DevOps Services, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS IAM, AWS CloudFormation, Cucumber, AWS SDK, Microsoft Visual Studio, TeamCity, Eclipse IDE, NPM, WebStorm, AWS CodeCommit, Autofac, Visual Studio, Git
Automated Testing, Dependency Injection, Continuous Deployment, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Kanban, Concurrent Programming, Agile
Azure Functions, Windows, AWS Lambda, Azure, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Websites, AWS SWF, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), NoSQL, Cloud Firestore, Memcached
Full-stack, Cloud, Software Development, Azure Service Bus, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), Google Material Design, Amazon API Gateway
Node.js, Azure Blob Storage API, Facebook API
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems Engineering
Queensland University of Technology - Brisbane, Australia
Microsoft Certified Professional