Software Contractor2021 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Java, AWS, PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, Angular, Message Queues, Play Framework, Spring Data JPA, gRPC, Amazon SQS, Non-blocking I/O
- Built the lease and ledger data pipeline by Spring Boot and AWS SQS to sync data from and to the third party to externalize the payment service.
- Refactored and repurposed the UI-coupled onboarding payment service to support ongoing rent payments.
- Completed remaining features and bug fixes to launch Plaid and Dwolla ACH payment integration to production, allowing successful rent and deposit onboarding payments.
- Focused mainly on Java back-end development and built feature enhancements on the front end using Angular and React.
Associate (Software Engineer - Transaction Banking)2019 - 2021Goldman Sachs
Technologies: Spring Boot, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, JUnit, Microservices, Java, Apache Kafka, NoSQL, GitLab, RESTful APIs, Message Queues, Terraform, MongoDB, Cucumber, REST Assured, java11, AWS ECS, Camunda BPM, Maven, Digital Banking, Scrum, Spring, Databases, HashiCorp, CI/CD Pipelines, API Development
- Built a solution to support API and UI-driven onboarding processes to Stripe Treasury banking as a service (BaaS).
- Designed and built Kafka-based event-driven microservices to decouple lengthy business workflows, which reduced onboarding time from months to ten minutes.
- Designed and built the Camunda maker-checker workflow library and standardized the process.
- Designed and built the Camunda workflow library, handling and monitoring asynchronous acknowledgments.
- Established a behavioral testing practice and regression tool to reduce manual testing effort.
- Researched the feasibility of a MongoDB client-side field-level encryption with Spring-data-MongoDB integration.
Software Engineer (Payments Platform)2017 - 2019The Hut Group
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, ActiveMQ, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Maven, Selenium, WireMock, Payment APIs, Card Payments, Git, Kanban, Kibana, Grafana, Test-driven Development (TDD), JUnit, Mockito, AngularJS, Jenkins, REST APIs, RESTful APIs, Message Queues, JSON, Spring JDBC
- Designed and built API to convert custom rule expressions to trigger fraud measures (3DS, CV2) for card payment.
- Assisted new card provider and payment 3DS 1.0 integration to enable direct card payment for specific sites to reduce around 2% transaction cost and reduce chargebacks.
- Migrated ApplePay payment to another provider to align with the provider migration.
- Brokedown and rewrote parts of a monolith toward microservices architecture to support future scaling and SaaS.
- Maintained internal payments tool UI (payment method configuration and auditing) with AngularJS and Thymeleaf.