Freelance Developer/CEO2015 - PRESENTEarlier Labs, Inc.
- Completed projects for early-stage startup clients.
Software Engineer2012 - 2014Threadflip
Technologies: Node.js, Android, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Architected and implemented a site redesign and frontend architecture, improving site performance, company brand, and revenue.
- Architected and implemented an end-to-end system to submit, accept, and negotiate offers on items, resulting in significant revenue lift.
- Spearheaded and developed m.threadflip.com from scratch in six weeks, improving the mobile experience for users and creating a new revenue stream.
- Designed and implemented the system for inventory smart pricing in a Rails back-end, resulting in significant revenue lift.
- Implemented and maintained Android features (search, closet pages, design overhaul).
- Designed and implemented the system for a feed web service in Node.js and PostgreSQL (later migrated to Redis), resulting in large lift in user engagement.
- Conducted an overhaul of the customer service team’s admin interface, enabling them to handle an influx of orders on Black Friday and during the holiday season.
- Integrated PayPal checkout.
- Mentored and shared knowledge with team members.
Software Developer2011 - 2012Shopify
- Worked on a second major version of the Shopify admin interface, implemented using Batman.js and Rails.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011Causes
- Led the development team for the Click For Charity and Give A Minute products that enabled users to complete activities that earned money for charity.
- Led the development team on a special Valentine’s Day product that allowed users to buy flowers and chocolates through Causes to earn money for one of five selected charities.