Verified Expert in Engineering
Kamil is a full-stack developer who builds outstanding products for early-stage startups, helping them drive their business and delight their users. He prides himself on completing projects on time and on budget, with clear and no-hassle communication throughout.
Git, Vendor Independent Messaging (VIM), OS X
The most amazing...
...side project I'm most proud of is www.myminutesapp.com, which I sold.
Earlier Labs, Inc.
- Completed projects for early-stage startup clients.
- Architected and implemented a site redesign and frontend architecture, improving site performance, company brand, and revenue.
- Architected and implemented an end-to-end system to submit, accept, and negotiate offers on items, resulting in significant revenue lift.
- Spearheaded and developed m.threadflip.com from scratch in six weeks, improving the mobile experience for users and creating a new revenue stream.
- Designed and implemented the system for inventory smart pricing in a Rails back-end, resulting in significant revenue lift.
- Implemented and maintained Android features (search, closet pages, design overhaul).
- Designed and implemented the system for a feed web service in Node.js and PostgreSQL (later migrated to Redis), resulting in large lift in user engagement.
- Conducted an overhaul of the customer service team’s admin interface, enabling them to handle an influx of orders on Black Friday and during the holiday season.
- Integrated PayPal checkout.
- Mentored and shared knowledge with team members.
- Worked on a second major version of the Shopify admin interface, implemented using Batman.js and Rails.
- Led the development team for the Click For Charity and Give A Minute products that enabled users to complete activities that earned money for charity.
- Led the development team on a special Valentine’s Day product that allowed users to buy flowers and chocolates through Causes to earn money for one of five selected charities.
Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Dagger
React, Retrofit, Stripe, Backbone.js, jQuery, RxJava, Node.js, PayPal API, Facebook API
Git, Vim Text Editor, Android Studio, Vendor Independent Messaging (VIM)
Agile Software Development, Functional Programming, Class-based OOP, Prototype-based OOP
Shopify, Android, OS X
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Waterloo - Waterloo, ON