Karim Kacper Alaa El-Din
Verified Expert in Engineering
Karim is a PhD candidate at the University of Oxford with a master's degree in physics from Imperial College London. Aside from his experience in research environments, Karim has worked as the CTO of a green tech app startup, where he combined his expertise in software development, data science, and interdisciplinary work to deliver a fully fleshed-out product. Karim is looking to apply his mathematical, analytical, and software development skills to projects with a real-world impact.
Linux, PyCharm, Poetry, Flutter, Python 3, C++17, Firebase, Google Cloud, PostgreSQL, Python, Jupyter Notebook, Pandas, Pytest, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Tableau, Web Scraping, Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Dart, Node.js, Selenium
The most amazing...
...software I've developed is a social sustainability app with the entire front and back end, pop-up notifications, consumption tracking, and user chats.
Senior Python Web Scraping Specialist
Number Five House Ltd
- Developed and deployed a web scraping pipeline with Python and Selenium.
- Collected profile and network data from a large online social media platform.
- Performed ETL on the data. Used network analysis and machine learning to enrich collected information.
Imperial College London
- Built a TensorFlow machine learning pipeline using Python to predict the properties of high-energy X-ray pulses at ultrafast rates.
- Deployed machine learning pipelines to the university's high-performance computing cluster using Secure Shell.
- Developed simulations of quantum many-body physics in Python and devised a new measurement scheme to analyze simulations.
- Used advanced statistics and machine learning, including restricted Boltzmann machine neural networks, to extract knowledge from our simulations.
- Co-authored two papers currently in preparation, both applying machine learning to different physics regimes.
The Institute of Cancer Research
- Developed an unsupervised learning pipeline to analyze genetic risk factor pathways for brain tumors in adults.
- Programmed and debugged R and Python to contribute to interdisciplinary research.
- Implemented my pipeline on a high-performance computing cluster.
- Updated the legacy code to use Python 3 instead of Python 2.
- Performed tissue-specific analysis to find significant risk factors that would not be recognized as significant without accounting for tissue differences.
Cross-platform Social Sustainability App
Webscraping Tutorials in Pythonhttps://www.practiceprobs.com/problemsets/selenium-with-python/
Bayesian Analysis of Stock Market Data
Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Node.js, NumPy, Google Sheets API
Google Analytics, Tableau, PyCharm, Firebase Analytics, Pytest, STATA, Google Sheets
Data Science, ETL
Jupyter Notebook, Linux, Firebase, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Computational Physics, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Data Reporting, Statistical Modeling, Web Scraping, Data Analysis, Physics Simulations, Applied Mathematics, Poetry, HPCC Systems, Mobile Analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Mining, Big Data, Genetics, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), APIs, Data Engineering, ETL Tools, Business Analysis, Excel 365, Bayesian Statistics, Statistics
Flutter, Selenium, Scrapy
Google Cloud, Databases, PostgreSQL
Ph.D. in Progress in Atomic and Laser Physics
University of Oxford - Oxford, UK
Master's Degree in Physics with Theoretical Physics
Imperial College London - London, UK
Azure Data Science Associate