Founder2020 - PRESENTDraft.dev
- Developed standard operating procedures for writing, editing, and content planning with clients.
- Recruited and managed dozens of independent freelance engineers to act as writers.
- Implemented a sales, marketing, and customer acquisition strategy that led to doubled revenue for the first three months of operation.
Chief Technology Officer2016 - 2020The Graide Network
- Created a plan to transition away from a buggy, insecure CodeIgniter app and onto a modern, service-oriented architecture.
- Set up a local Docker environment that cut onboarding time from one week to one hour.
- Built the codebase that helped the company scale to delivering hundreds of thousands of pieces of feedback to students every year.
Head of Engineering2013 - 2016Packback
- Managed an offshore development team to build the company's textbook rental MVP, then hired the in-house team that pivoted to a classroom question and answer product.
- Created standardized processes for hiring, onboarding, and training new engineers. I also led sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Wrote and oversaw the architecture of most of the company's codebase.
Director of News2011 - 2013Uloop
- Oversaw the creation and growth of a college news blog to include 500+ writers publishing 600 articles per month.
- Designed a gamified sharing system that increased daily social media interaction by 250% in 2012.
- Created a national writing team that increased monthly visits by 300% in 2013.