- ConsultantFreelance2011 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, JRuby, TorqueBox, trinidad, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Resque
- Helped a client resolve a concurrency issue on a high-load Database connection.
- Provided on-site support for an application, expecting thousands of req/sec deployed to Heroku.
- Configured and fixed an application's ability to run with zero downtime deploys.
- Converted an outdated massive code base to an up-to-date Rails version (from 2.3).
- Resolved an issue in a TorqueBox/JBoss cluster for a client in staging, and offered advice for improving Server configuration.
- Software CraftsmanJetMinds2008 - 2011
Technologies: REST, Rails, JRuby, trinidad, jQuery, Facebook Platform, J2ME, LWUIT, MySQL, Git, EC2, Puppet
- Built a Social web application with a REST API for mobile clients.
- Invented a re-usable REST client for limited environments (J2ME) and built a portable mobile client using LWUIT.
- Automatized deployment and EC2 machine setup, using Puppet.
- Migrated the app to an early version of JRuby and performed routine maintenance, including fixes and implementing new features for the server.
- Became involved in open-source libraries and learned what open-sourcing a project entails.
- JavaEE ConsultantCeska sporitelna, a.s.2009 - 2010
Technologies: JaveEE, Beehive, WebLogic Server 10, WebLogic Portal 10, Oracle 10g, Maven, TeamCity
- Converted the existing (huge) infrastructure of a portal project, under Maven.
- Automatized build as much as possible, including generating setup files for a custom IDE.
- Helped the bootstrap of existing(internal) and new developers.
- "Hacked" a custom, third party application to run nicely on an existing infrastructure, since the new version was having issues with the logging libraries.
- Supported user requirements and adjusted third-party app to meet the needs of the Bank's intranet.
- Senior DeveloperTempest, a.s.2007 - 2008
Technologies: JavaCard, Global Platform, Swing, AOP, PKI, JCE, LDAP, Groovy, Spring 2.x, MySQL, Sun Access Manager, Sun AppServer, Sun Portal Platform, Portlets, Sun Identity Manager
- Created a flexible, customizable and secure one-time-password solution, based on smart cards, from scratch.
- Built smart-card "hacking" tools to resolve an EMV-compatible communication protocol, with an OTP pocket-reader.
- Helped and managed a small team of junior and mid-senior developers.
- Developed an Identity module to integrate the company's user management software with Sun's Identity Manager.
- Built a few Nagios monitoring portlets for SysAdmins.
- Software Engineer / Integration ConsultantAdastra, s.r.o.2006 - 2007
Technologies: JavaEE, JSF, EJB, JDBC, JMS, WS, ESB, Spring, PL/SQL, Hibernate 3.x, JBoss 4.x, Oracle 10g
- Created a messaging layer to communicate with existing services over ESB.
- Crafted custom JSF UI components for the client side.
- Performed optimizations, by moving parts of the Java decision logic into PL/SQL.
- Built a support project for SQL migrations between releases.
- Built a project for reading FoxPro Database files seamlessly (in JDBC).
- Team LeaderDupres Consulting2005 - 2006
Technologies: J2EE 1.4, EJB 2.1, Hibernate 3.0, RMI, MyFaces 1.1, JBoss 4.0, MySQL 5.0, Oracle 10g
- Built a domain model, based on an existing design and requirements.
- Exposed a remote business-service layer for a front-end user interface.
- Developed a web prototype, which consumed the services and showcased design practices.
- Resolved back-end issues and lead its development with two others.
- Helped newcomers on both ends (back-end and front-end) to get into the work flow.