Kartal Kaan Bozdoğan
Verified Expert in Engineering
Kartal is a back-end-heavy developer with experience at various companies of different scales and cultures. He is currently working as a software developer in a Munich-based company and writing his master's thesis in informatics at the Technical University of Munich. Kartal's other interests are high-performance computing, computer security, and artificial intelligence.
Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Node.js, Python, C++
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a full-stack back-end interface tool, with everything from the cloud database to a Microsoft Teams chatbot for easy management.
- Developed a back end that handles access control, registration, management, and version control of clients' data.
- Created a corresponding in-house CLI for easy platform management across teams.
- Built a Microsoft Teams chatbot to enable easy platform management for non-technical teams, including the sales team.
- Contributed to the development of the front end, particularly for back-end-heavy features.
- Helped various technical and non-technical teams with back-end-related issues.
Computer Vision Developer
- Used the NVIDIA Visual Profiler to diagnose performance issues with the existing computer vision pipeline.
- Used multiprocessing and multithreading to overlap CPU and GPU computation and eliminate wasted GPU time.
- Doubled the pipeline performance without decreasing the accuracy.
- Contributed to the creation of a developer recruiting platform.
- Designed and implemented scrapers for various social media, like LinkedIn and GitHub.
- Used fuzzy logic, computer vision, and artificial intelligence to link profiles across media.
- Improved on an existing deep learning project for speaker identification.
- Optimized the pipeline for multi-core processing and utilized data augmentation.
- Developed a user interface using PyQt that can record audio using a microphone and process it in real time to find the closest match among a set of pre-recorded voice samples.
Node.js Back endhttp://ocell.io
The back end handles access control, platform statistics, user management, email verification, and real-time synchronization of the clients. Further, it uploads real-time logs to Elasticsearch via Filebeat and visualizes user statistics using Kibana.
Internal Python CLI
As an internal tool, the CLI receives frequent feedback from colleagues and is updated and improved accordingly.
SafePM | A Sanitizer for Persistent Memory
The project aims to expand the memory safety capabilities of the widely-adopted Address Sanitizer to the realm of persistent memory, a relatively recent and niche technology pioneered by Intel, mainly marketed towards data centers as a low-latency non-volatile cache. In addition to the publication, the source code is available on GitHub.
It can read master boot record (MBR) and GUID partition table (GPT) and can be either booted natively or virtualized.
Git, Mocha, GitHub, GitLab, Microsoft Teams, Sentry, Valgrind, ELK (Elastic Stack), Kibana
NoSQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Software Engineering, CI/CD Pipelines, Poetry, Schemas, Operating Systems, Networks, Cryptography, Algorithms, Data Structures, Programming Languages, GeoJSON, Robot Operating System (ROS), QR Codes
Material UI, Flutter, Qt
Node.js, PyTorch, Requests, OpenCV, React, Mustache, PyQt, Keras, TensorFlow
Linux, NVIDIA CUDA, Docker, Azure, DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Mapbox, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Bogazici University - Istanbul, Turkey
Microsoft Certified | Azure Fundamentals
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring