Verified Expert in Engineering
Kartik is a front-end specialist with a strong background in dynamic startup environments. He has successfully delivered solutions in the healthcare, eCommerce, and automotive industries. His entrepreneurial journey includes nurturing a B2B startup from its inception to a revenue exceeding six figures. Kartik excels in his result-focused problem-solving approach and possesses highly effective communication skills.
The most amazing...
...experience I've had is co-founding Indus, a B2B eCommerce startup and grew the company from scratch to $100,000+ in revenue.
Lead Front-end Engineer
Illuminate Operations Inc.
- Developed and enhanced a browser-based UI utilizing React for seamless management, visualization, and analysis of extensive data sets exceeding billions of data points.
- Orchestrated a 70% increase in rendering performance for high-volume geospatial data by leveraging vector tiles and Leaflet. This feature played a critical role in customer presentations and contributed significantly to product sales.
- Led a team of front-end developers, facilitating onboarding processes and ensuring project cohesion through effective collaboration and mentorship.
Lead Front-end Engineer
Goodhood (formerly FixMyCar)
- Led the development of FixMyCar's new landing website using Next.js, causing a 2x increase in performance, better SEO, and improved organic web traffic.
- Implemented the front end for an oil-change membership program and payment, leading to a 30% increase in customer retention.
- Added front-end integration with the Contentful CMS, causing quicker content throughput, easier maintenance, and increased SEO.
Co-founder | Head of Engineering
- Developed a full-stack eCommerce application from scratch, leading every aspect—initial design, code implementation, maintenance, and payment integrations. This application successfully served 30+ stores and restaurants in southeast Michigan.
- Collaborated cross-functionally with divisional leaders, providing insight into technical feasibility, budget implications, implementation timelines, and hiring strategies for key business decisions that led to revenue generation of over $100,000.
- Supervised and mentored a team of junior developers and interns, conducting code reviews and knowledge transfer sessions. These efforts enhanced their technical expertise and maximized their contributions to the company's projects.
- Designed IoT hardware enhancement for a medical device serving 50 thousand patients to collect usage analytics.
- Developed high-speed APIs for third-party integration with IoT systems via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
Incentive Spirometer Project
Goodhood Marketing Websitehttps://www.goodhood.auto/
Indus Seller Dashboard
Next.js, MUI (Material UI), Vanilla JS, React Native, Redux, Svelte, Cypress, Jest, Tailwind CSS, Django, Flask
React, Vue, Stripe, REST APIs, React Redux, Leaflet, Node.js, Redux-Saga, Firebase Web SDK
GitHub, Jira, Redux Thunk
Agile, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Jamstack, On-page SEO, REST, Unit Testing, Refactoring
Firebase, Contentful, Arduino, Algolia, iOS, Android
Front-end, Web Development, User Interface (UI), eCommerce, Data Visualization, Vercel, Dashboards, APIs, A/B Testing, Analytics, Stripe Payments, Machine Learning, Web Scraping, Payment APIs, SEO Audits, SEO Content, Content Management Systems (CMS), Storybook, Chrome Extensions, CI/CD Pipelines, SSG, Server-side Rendering (SSR), Responsive UI, Front-end Development
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA