- Consultant, Software Developer, CEOTechnology Astronauts GmbH2012 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby, Rust, PostgreSQL
- Created an interface between FleetBoard and Salesforce for a large logistics company. Trucks in the field receive work orders as part of a manipulation that the back-office starts in Salesforce. Once completed, results flow back into Salesforce and allow for up to date reports on the company.
- Created an API to a database containing several years of unihockey player and play data. The API provides almost real-time access to summaries and statistics. An inflow of data triggers hooks, which in turn, trigger re-computation of statistics within only a few seconds of the original event. This way, tables of results stay up to date while still allowing for frequent page impressions during matches.
- Created and maintained several open source projects such as 'parslet' (Ruby) or 'bocuse' (Ruby). Parslet is a parser generator library that allows for writing parsers quickly. My focus was on legibility of error messages when the parse fails.
- Deployed software and microservices on server infrastructure, including storage and redundancy. Services deployed here include PostgresSQL HA, HAProxy, Linux Pacemaker + Heartbeat, and iSCSI ZFS ZVOLs.
- Pragmatic Programmer/ DevOpGeographic Institute (University of Zürich)2009 - 2012
Technologies: Ruby, Postgres, ZFS, KVM, Linux, Solaris, Terminal Services
- Automated central administrative tasks with a self-service interface for the clients.
- Created an inventory of existing VMs, and worked on the migration of VM services to KVM, and subsequently to Windows Hyper-V.
- Provided 2nd level support for domain specific applications, as well as direct technical support for end users.
- Created several small tools to aid and automate the administration of the department's IT services, used in around 120 locations and responsible for around 30 TB of data.
- Worked on the planning and building of a data center for the department, managing and reconstructing existing machines, managing heat flow, and configuring UPSs.
- Programmer / AnalystVarious Positions1998 - 2009
Technologies: C++, C# .NET, Various Databases, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Windows, Linux, Mac
- Worked on the creation of one of the first content management systems for enterprise use, all in C++, called 'Obtree'. Supported several database systems and web servers and had a GUI system for templating and publishing.
- Created a motorcycle ad platform web application in C# .NET in the spirit of www.autoscout24.com. Included a domain specific search and a workflow for publishing ads.
- Worked on cryptographic licensing and data exchange for bank tariffs in Java.
- Developed several web platforms for clients in tourism and other industries. Platforms mostly published data to the web and had their own authoring solution connected to our clients internal systems.
- Created a streaming server for a music platform, capable of streaming music videos to many clients 24/7. This project included an authoring platform for creation of music programs and OpenGL based video compositing.