Quality Automation Engineer2016 - 2018MathWorks
Technologies: Linux, IntelliJ, Jira, Subversion (SVN), Git, Simulink, Hamcrest, JUnit, Bash, Python, Make, MATLAB, Java
- Developed Java and MATLAB test tools used for automation testing.
- Designed and implemented makefiles for automating and improving product build infrastructure; also worked with other teams in the adoption of the new infrastructure.
- Composed Python and Bash scripts to automate manual steps in test tasks creation.
- Monitored and contributed daily to automate the UI, performance, and unit test suites.
- Analyzed automation test failures, determined the root cause, and implemented effective countermeasures.
- Collaborated with product developers and fixed bugs in the production code that were discovered with automated tests.
- Created bug reports—taking part in test and bug-fix code reviews and verified that the bugs were fixed.
- Worked as a technical project lead for QA interns.
- Organized and actively participated in team and company-wide testing events.
- Interviewed candidates for the QA position.
Software Developer2014 - 2015PSTech
Technologies: Scrum, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Rally, WinDbg, Google Mock (GMock), Google Test (GTest), C++
- Developed new features for a collaboration application (Cisco Jabber) following product owner requirements, making sure code is testable and implements best practices.
- Wrote unit tests to cover new features and maintain the highest level of code quality.
- Triaged and fixed bugs found and reported by QA.
- Presented new features to the product owner on the meetings.
- Applied Scrum methodology in the team.
Technical Team Lead2014 - 2015PSTech
Technologies: Scrum, C#, Rally, Jenkins
- Attended and represented the team in meetings.
- Made sure all technical questions are answered and forwarded to the right people.
- Helped team with task assignments.
- Ensure that the work was tracked properly with the Rally management tool.
Quality Assurance Engineer2011 - 2014PSTech
Technologies: Scrum, Rally, TortoiseSVN, Jenkins, FitNesse, C#
- Designed and implemented an automation test and report mechanism in Jenkins used by the team and product managers as an insight into the product quality status.
- Developed and maintained C# code (White automation framework) used in FitNesse automation test scripts.
- Ran and maintained manual test procedure; wrote and executed test cases and documented and managed bugs in Rally.
- Used various Cisco tools (CUCM, CUP, CDETS) for testbed configuration and issue management.
- Automated manual test suites for desktop collaboration application (Cisco Jabber) which reduced test case execution significantly.
- Applied Scrum in the day-to-day work while collaborating with a team located in Ireland.