Software Engineer2021 - 2022Odeko
- Investigated the migration to microservices from a monolithic service by leveraging Confluent Kafka.
- Evaluated tradeoffs between change data capture and event sourcing, given the timeline to migrate these services.
- Created local development infrastructure with Docker-compose to demonstrate the capabilities of different approaches.
- Demonstrated the use of Kafka Streams and Confluent ksqlDB to create powerful consumers and producers for event data with the merging of streams.
Software Engineer II2018 - 2021An Online Freelance Agency
- Expanded on a site-wide candidate search to allow recruiters to search for candidates and their last activity across company products.
- Revamped the Rails side integration of CodePair exports, allowing recruiters to filter candidates in the UI and export to CSV. This reduced the time to download a CSV with a large number of candidates from 5+ minutes to under five seconds.
- Integrated Looker dashboards into the company product, allowing customers to view, filter, and drill into their account level data for better insight into their account activity and hiring pipeline.
- Migrated multiple databases into a Redshift data warehouse. This involves building an ETL pipeline with Airflow to backfill data and have daily incremental replication.
- Created an authentication layer for the Candidate Packet Benchmarking API allowing the UI to fetch data from an internal service with access control.
- Loaded Google Analytics data from BigQuery to Aurora DB for License Utilization (incremental and backfill) and created a Looker dashboard. This enabled our sales and customer success team to understand how customers within use our product.
- Expanded on the "subscribe-now" flow to allow users to quickly signup and subscribe (using Stripe) to new products. Implemented integrations to push data using Demandbase, Marketo, and Salesforce.
- Enabled application tracking systems such as Brassring and Workday to integrate with the company's CodeScreen and CodePair using an event-driven architecture.
- Developed an intuitive, in-product user experience to help customers maximize their understanding of the company's Work product on signup. Built an extensible experimentation module to quickly deploy and test new features.
- Architected the user-facing test health dashboard to give customers a data-driven approach to improve the candidate experience and assessment quality of their tests.
Software Developer2017 - 2017Rook Security
- Built a cloud security event processing and alerting platform that analyzes millions of log data attributes from a client's computer network looking for security-related events.
- Developed a web app to onboard new clients and manage their respective firewall architectures and correlation rules.
- Leveraged AWS Lambda, Elasticsearch, and DynamoDB to create a robust, highly scalable, highly available correlation engine to detect and notify when alerts and rules are triggered.