Verified Expert in Engineering
Kaushik is a senior software engineer experienced in creating and executing innovative software solutions to enhance business productivity. He has developed intuitive, in-product user experiences, architected user-facing dashboards, and leveraged AWS Lambda, Elasticsearch, and DynamoDB to create a robust, highly scalable correlation engine. Kaushik is well-versed in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and end-to-end product management, from concept to development and delivery.
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Oh My Zsh, iTerm2
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on integrated Looker into a well-known freelance agency, enabling customers to create visualizations and dashboards to gain insights.
Senior Software Engineer | Tech Lead
- Demonstrated the ability to produce secure, scalable, and reliable solutions for high-availability systems and services.
- Compiled and analyzed data, processes, and code to troubleshoot, scale, mature and improve current back-end applications and processes.
- Provided clear and documented interfaces that are easy to consume for front-end developers.
- Collaborated with developers and other team members to establish objectives and design a more functional, cohesive code and platform.
- Developed ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Participated in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices in a regulated industry, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Participated in hiring and mentoring junior engineers.
- Oversaw complex scope and scale. Led a cross-functional team in developing connectors for multiple pharmaceutical systems.
- Investigated the migration to microservices from a monolithic service by leveraging Confluent Kafka.
- Evaluated tradeoffs between change data capture and event sourcing, given the timeline to migrate these services.
- Created local development infrastructure with Docker-compose to demonstrate the capabilities of different approaches.
- Demonstrated the use of Kafka Streams and Confluent ksqlDB to create powerful consumers and producers for event data with the merging of streams.
Software Engineer II
An Online Freelance Agency
- Revamped the Rails side integration of CodePair exports to a Python-based Django server, allowing recruiters to filter candidates in the UI and export to CSV. Reduced the average export time from over five minutes to <10 seconds.
- Migrated multiple databases into a Redshift data warehouse. This involves building ETL pipelines with Airflow written in Python to backfill data and have daily incremental replication.
- Expanded on a site-wide candidate search to allow recruiters to search for candidates and their last activity across company products.
- Loaded Google Analytics data from BigQuery to Aurora DB for License Utilization (incremental and backfill) and created a Looker dashboard. This enabled our sales and customer success team to understand how customers within use our product.
- Expanded on the "subscribe-now" flow to allow users to quickly signup and subscribe using Stripe to new products. Implemented integrations to push data using Demandbase, Marketo, and Salesforce.
- Developed an intuitive, in-product user experience to help customers maximize their understanding of the company's Work product on signup. Built an extensible experimentation module to deploy and test new features quickly.
- Architected the user-facing test health dashboard to give customers a data-driven approach to improve the candidate experience and assessment quality of their tests.
- Built a cloud security event processing and alerting platform that analyzes millions of log data attributes from a client's computer network looking for security-related events.
- Developed a web app to onboard new clients and manage their respective firewall architectures and correlation rules.
- Leveraged AWS Lambda, Elasticsearch, and DynamoDB to create a robust, highly scalable, highly available correlation engine to detect and notify when alerts and rules are triggered.
Embedded Looker Dashboards for an Online Freelance Agency
FirstAm Title Insurance Evaluation Application
Ruby on Rails 4, Express.js, Redux, NestJS, Next.js, Django
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Looker, Docker Compose, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Key Management Service (KMS), Kafka Streams, Terraform, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Apache Airflow, AWS Glue
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), AWS Lambda, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka
Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon Aurora, Elasticsearch, Redshift, MongoDB
Amazon API Gateway, API Integration, Amazon Kinesis, TypeORM, Technical Leadership, Google BigQuery, Identity & Access Management (IAM), APIs, Front-end
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Michigan State University - East Lansing, Michigan, USA