Senior Engineering Manager, Salesforce Tech2021 - PRESENTTalabat
- Led the development of a highly scalable solution to digitize the vendor onboarding experience for Talabat and then for 20+ entities across the globe.
- Reduced the average time for vendors to get onboarded to Salesforce from three weeks to less than 10 mins.
- Ensured a highly configurable solution, providing complete flexibility for individual entities in different countries to enable the process as they wish.
- Built a solid Salesforce team locally, including a global culture that enabled the team to collaborate with other Salesforce developers and admins working from different locations.
- Led the migration of one of Talabat's acquisitions to the Salesforce.com platform, mapping the entire business process from Microsoft Dynamics to Salesforce.com.
- Collaborated with the computer security incident response team (CSIRT) to ensure that data policies and GDPR are actively monitored and sensitive data is not leaking out of the system.
- Led the refactoring and redesign of an existing implementation to scale it in a way that can handle exponential transactions on the platform.
- Revamped the entire implementation in the configuration-driven approach, providing capabilities to scale with changing requirements and increasing transactions on the platform.
Engineering Manager, Salesforce Tech2019 - 2021Talabat
Technologies: Salesforce, AWS, Fivetran, BigQuery, Customer Experience, Team Management, Datadog, API Integration, Data Integration, Security Management, Code Review, Code Refactoring, System Architecture Design, Solution Design, Business Process Automation, Apex Triggers, Apex, Triggers, Salesforce.com API, Salesforce REST API, Salesforce API
- Grew the Salesforce team from the ground up, from one to 20+ team members.
- Oversaw all efforts to map business requirements to technical solutions.
- Improved processes to streamline development and ensure that every change is carefully monitored and validated.
- Enhanced existing solutions built on Salesforce.com and managed the technical solutions that affect 20+ entities using Salesforce.com.
- Constantly improved the technical debts on Salesforce to make sure that the platform scales to the fullest extent possible and has the ability to handle five million orders being processed every minute.
Technical Development Lead2016 - 2019PwC Digital Services
- Developed an in-house business process management (BPM) application that was deployed to almost every Free Zone entity in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
- Assisted in getting the BPM application approved for deployment on Salesforce AppExchange.
- Worked on digital transformation projects for major companies in the GCC, enabling front-office digital transformations with BPM and then building integrations with back ends and payment gateways.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2016General Electric
- Collaborated with the team developing a configure-price-quote (CPQ) solution built on force.com to enable a quote-to-cash (QTC) process for the GE Healthcare business.
- Worked on complex integrations with multiple back ends, including Oracle, SAP, and other ERP systems.
- Enhanced an existing Salesforce Sales Cloud implementation.
Software Engineer2008 - 2012Sony India Software Center
Technologies: Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce, APEX Code, Batch Apex, Visualforce, Triggers, Subversion (SVN), Pricing Models, Apex Triggers, Salesforce Apex, API Integration, Apex, HubSpot, Visualforce Pages
- Played a key role in various enhancement projects for an existing Salesforce Sales Cloud implementation.
- Built a subversion (SVN) app called CVT on the force.com platform (100% native), which was then adopted by all Sony divisions.
- Implemented a complete custom pricing model for Sony Latin America with a completely configuration-driven approach.