- Mobile Application Architect2016 - PRESENTUniti, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Android, Java, Firebase
- Created the core of a consumer app that includes social networking integration and a Firebase back-end.
- President2015 - PRESENTKviation
Technologies: Android, Java, SQL, UX/UI, Parse
- Founded a company to build quality software for the aviation industry.
- Launched Smart Logbook, an Android logbook for pilots. Over a quarter of a million flights have been logged with Smart Logbook. It also has earned a 4.6 star rating in the Play Store.
- Released several open-source projects on GitHub based on code written for Smart Logbook.
- Senior Software Engineer2007 - 2015
- Was a core member of the Messenger team, Google’s official SMS app on Android. Worked on background services, system notifications, Wear integration, UI performance optimization, and a custom native library.
- Designed and built an internal system to help ensure the security of user data stored by Google. This tool is deployed to every datacenter and processes every disk that’s decommissioned from the fleet.
- Led a team to design and implement the backend for a new tool aimed at improving developer productivity. My work included: defining RPC interfaces, load balancing, performance optimization, failover, and monitoring.
- Developed two solo 20% projects that added new features and back-end capabilities to movie showtimes search.
- Built an Eclipse plugin to support developers using the Google Web Toolkit and App Engine for Java; did this as a founding member of the team.
- Software Engineer2005 - 2007WynEdge
Technologies: C#, .NET, COM, C++
- Worked as an onsite consultant at Fargo Electronics (now part of HID), a manufacturer of card printers (for printing identity cards, gift cards, and so on).
- Lead architect/developer of Fargo OnQueue, a tool enabling high-volume, load-balanced printing among multiple card printers.
- Worked as the core developer of Fargo Print Security Manager, a tool for monitoring and administering network-connected card printers.
- Helped develop an SDK for third-party programmers to use low-level functionality of Fargo card printers.
- Built a developer SDK for Banner Engineering, manufacturer of high-speed industrial cameras, to enable their customers to remotely access their cameras via HTTP.