Software Engineer2014 - 2017
Technologies: Python, Java, C++
- Maintained and implemented back-end servers in C++, Java, and Python.
- Retrieved data from various databases and other types of stores.
- Applied machine learning techniques to derive features and to determine the most relevant data.
- Set up and managed a series of jobs for data-processing pipelines.
- Periodically scoured existing code for defects and inefficiencies and corrected them.
Software Engineer2012 - 2014Northrup Grumman
Technologies: MySQL, Embedded Systems, Python, C, C++
- Developed new utilities and enhanced functionality for a mature embedded system using C and C++.
Software Engineer2012 - 2012Siemens
Technologies: HTML, C#, C++
- Implemented a web application to generate and display graphical interpretations of PET scanner data using C# to communicate with a C++ backend.
- Created Visual Studio project files that enabled the automatic build/debug features of the IDE (previously VS was used as an editor, with command-line builds).
- Configured Visual Studio to create a local website for testing the web interface (previously builds had to be hand delivered to and tested in a lab).
- Created Cascading Style Sheets to consolidate and to normalize GUI format, eliminating the need to update every page when a format changed.
Software Engineer2007 - 2012Ion Geophysical
Technologies: Solaris, Linux, MPI, OpenMP, Visual Studio, Unix, Windows, MySQL, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), C++
- Developed and maintained both mature and new software applications used to design seismic surveys and to process the survey data after collection.
- Continuously refactored and developed C++ code on both Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Used Visual Studio to manage both GUI design and Windows work.
- Parallelized and multi-threaded algorithms and data structures, using OpenMP and MPI.
- Interfaced with both homemade and MySQL databases.
- Built and integrated third-party libraries on Windows, Linux, and Solaris.
Sofware QA Engineer2001 - 2003Avatech Solutions
Technologies: NX: Siemens PLM Software, Creo, CATIA, Autodesk Inventor, HTML, ForeHelp, RoboHelp, CAD, Shell Scripting, Perl, Fortran, C++, Java
- Built and tested quality-checking software for designs in Autodesk Inventor, Catia V4, Catia V5, Pro/ENGINEER, and Unigraphics.
- Created sets of test models in Autodesk Inventor, Catia V4, and Catia V5.
- Performed minor code corrections, in Java and C++.
- Updated documentation,using RoboHelp, ForeHelp, and HTML.
- Assembled and certified software for release.
- Created and maintained build and testing scripts for software products using Korn shell, Perl, and batch files.
- Performed load testing on web-based software.
- Created system for tracking software defects and regressions and added tests for all testable defects in product history.
- Coordinated with the technical support and product development departments in the identification and resolution of issues.