Kemal Güçhan Kar
Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Analyst and Developer
Kemal is a data analyst and BI developer with close to five years of experience. His SQL skills and experience with Looker are exceptional, and he has done end-to-end data analysis, including production and storage of raw data, ETL processes, storage of analytics, and data-based storytelling using several BI tools. He has also worked on data engineering within AWS. Kemal's database development experience is backed by a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering.
Looker, Tableau, SQL, PL/SQL, Redshift, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Product Analytics, Amplitude, ETL Tools, Fivetran
The most amazing...
...thing I developed was a data model attributing upsells (of a CRM tool) to product features based on usage, giving valuable insights on the role of features.
BI Data Developer
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. - Main
- Developed a data model to attribute revenue to virtual selling areas and created a dashboard that enables business users to make data-driven decisions.
- Recreated old custom dashboards for eCommerce sales in Looker.
- Created a very flexible data model for the calendar in LookML, which the company plans to use in its other projects as well.
Product Data Analyst
- Developed a complex data model in Looker to understand the ROI for product features and created dashboards based on the model. The product had 11,000+ customers and 50,000+ users.
- Administrated a data analytics cluster, ETL tools (Fivetran and Stitch), Looker, Segment, and Amplitude.
- Built custom ETLs between Amazon S3 and Redshift to copy and load data and developed scheduled procedures with PL/SQL.
- Ran Python scripts in Redshift to transform the data for use in Looker.
- Tracked 10+ new product releases, how the products were adopted by users, and their ROIs via Looker and Amplitude.
- Created 5+ A/B tests to help product managers and teams make decisions on new releases via Looker and Amplitude.
- Migrated from Amazon Redshift to Snowflake after comparing two warehouses in terms of cost and performance.
SQL Developer | Data Analyst
- Developed data models for several custom Oracle EBS applications.
- Built custom Oracle EBS applications with PL/SQL and Oracle Forms; for example, an application for tracking order shipments.
- Developed a generic workflow with Oracle Workflow, which helped people build custom workflows in one-tenth of the time they were spending.
- Wrote web services and PL/SQL to assist in integrating Primavera projects with Oracle EBS.
- Developed several dashboards with Tableau based on PO and PA module data in Oracle.
Upsell Attribution to Product Features
User Sessions in a Web Application
Virtual Selling Areas' Performance
SQL, Snowflake, Python
Looker, Toad, Oracle Workflow, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Oracle Forms, Stitch Data, Jira, Google Analytics, BigQuery
Business Intelligence (BI), Agile, ETL
Oracle PL/SQL, PL/SQL, Relational Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redshift, Data Pipelines
Fivetran, Product Analytics, Data Analysis, Amplitude, Data Modeling, Dashboards, Segment, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Amazon RDS, ETL Tools, Statistics, Oracle EBS, A/B Testing, Attribution Modeling, APIs, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Data Warehouse Design, Query Optimization, Oracle Primavera, User Experience (UX), Google BigQuery, LivePerson, Appointment Booking, eCommerce
Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
Middle East Technical University - Ankara, Turkey