Firmware Engineer2017 - 2018Skynet Healthcare Technologies, Inc.
Technologies: C++, Embedded, BLE, MQTT
- Improved an existing product with updates to software stability and functionality.
- Developed the firmware for a new BLE product from the ground up, including OTA updates.
- Provided diagnostic guidance for a plethora of hardware and firmware related issues.
- Developed support tools to help diagnose problems with an integrated RTLS system consisting of multiple embedded devices.
- Served as a consultant for future product development and cross-platform integration opportunities in the assisted living technology space.
Software Development Engineer, Azure AD2013 - 2014Microsoft Corporation
- Developed a web-based tool for updating catalog metadata in Azure's service catalog.
- Helped maintain AAD PowerShell commandlets and install scripts.
- Updated database schema and database interface layer for the object model required to support new business logic.
- Developed and maintained unit and extended tests to ensure complete code coverage and service validation.
- Tracked down bugs by analyzing error reports and audit logs from pre-production and live environments.
Engineer2010 - 2013Critical Link, LLC
Technologies: Qt, ARM Linux, TI hardware, Xilinx FPGAs
- Developed camera control firmware for a new line-scan camera product.
- Created a PC application in Qt to interact with a custom piece of industrial control hardware.
- Worked on many data-acquisition applications, developing application-level software, DSP firmware, and FPGA designs.
- Developed an iPhone application for a Bluetooth-enabled IoT device.
- Optimized the power consumption of a sealed, always-on embedded device to achieve a 5-year lifespan.
On-demand System Administrator2004 - 2009SUNY Oswego Meteorology Department
Technologies: Linux, Apache, PHP, NFS, FORTRAN, Python
- Regularly rebuilt the department's industry-standard software packages for Linux.
- Created control scripts and data processing tools in Bash, C, and FORTRAN to enable the automatic scheduling of weather model simulations.
- When necessary, dived deep into the codebase of numerical models written in FORTRAN to diagnose run-time issues.
- Created simple web applications to allow student participation in weather forecasting games.
- Went on-site to deploy Linux lab environments.