Verified Expert in Engineering
The most amazing...
...application I've developed is a dashboard for data visualization using a React and D3.js front end and a Django and PostGIS back end.
- Worked on many full-stack projects, from the design to the back end.
- Used D3.js and visx to create interactive web-based data visualizations.
- Created a custom CMS and static site generator for freelance clients based on Django, Django admin, and Django-distill.
Senior React Developer
Get It Live LLC
- Consulted on issues such as image optimization and performance.
- Diagnosed performance issues using Chrome and React developer tools.
- Analyzed Next.js bundle and suggested optimizations.
- Implemented a new front end based on Figma designs for AI business SaaS customers.
- Worked with the designer, suggesting improvements to the UI/UX.
Front-end React Developer
Solvent Holdings Corp
- Implemented a new reporting interface, including graphs, tables, and customized filter components.
- Refactored legacy React class-based components to function components with hooks.
- Reduced the number of component re-renders, improving performance and user experience.
- Introduced Storybook to the project and used it for newly created components.
Front-end Web Developer
TLT Media Lab, Stony Brook University
- Designed and developed web-based education software systems for faculty and staff with feedback from stakeholders.
- Created web-based games for researchers to use in studies with student volunteers.
- Introduced React and helped several team members learn it. Also taught Redux and other related libraries.
Web Development Intern
- Began a project to rewrite the radio station’s website and playlist system from scratch, providing a CMS for admins and DJs to use.
- Worked on both the front-end templates and back-end Node.js code.
- Created a CMS with KeystoneJS and MongoDB for radio DJs to add program playlists.
- Published a fairly successful app for video editing built on FFmpeg and Android NDK.
- Implemented dependency injection and created testable modules using Google Guice and RoboGuice.
- Moved into cross-platform development; picked up React Native, beginning a seven-year love affair with React.
NYC Real Estatehttps://kenfehling.github.io/nyc-real-estate/
The dataset was created using Python, Pandas, Numpy, and Scikit-learn.
Redux, Jinja, Django, MUI (Material UI), Express.js, Flask, Next.js, Tailwind CSS, Android SDK, GeoDjango, Guice, Google Guice, Bootstrap, ClojureScript, Jest, React Native, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Ruby on Rails (RoR)
React, Node.js, React Router, REST APIs, React Redux, D3.js, Lodash, jQuery, Pandas, NumPy, Ramda, History API, FFmpeg, React DnD, RoboGuice, Google Play API, Scikit-learn, React Motion, PIL, PiLLoW, Django ORM, Chart.js, React Final Form, SQLAlchemy
JSX, Redux Thunk, Figma, Git, Trello, Webpack, GitHub, GitHub Pages, Mongoose, Android NDK, Shell, Gulp, NPM, Bower, Mocha, Adobe Illustrator, Google Web Designer, Adobe Photoshop, GitLab, Sentry
HTML DOM, REST, Web App Design, Web UI Design, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Responsive Layout, Kanban, Unit Testing, Functional Programming, Dependency Injection, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), UI Design, Data Science
Web, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Contentful, Linux, Android, Docker, Firebase, Mobile, KeystoneJS, Netlify, Raspberry Pi, Heroku, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), DigitalOcean
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Databases, PostGIS, SQLite, Relational Databases, MySQL, Google Cloud
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Stony Brook University - Stony Brook, NY