iOS/Android Developer2015 - PRESENTTMSoft
Technologies: iOS, Android
- Added iOS 9 search support for White Noise 6.0.
- Fixed a number of bugs required to make the Android release of WhiteNoise 6.0.
- Added audio to the chatter view in both the iOS and Android White Noise Market apps.
- Redesigned the settings page in both the iOS and Android White Noise Market apps.
- Localized both the iOS and Android versions of WhiteNoise.
iOS Developer2015 - PRESENTTickets to the City (via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS 9, AVFoundation
- Developed an iOS app for scanning ticket barcodes and sending the results to a server.
iOS Developer2015 - PRESENTSalon Swipe (via Toptal)
- Developed iPhone screens for a redesigned user interface.
- Fixed critical bugs in audio processing from a credit card swiping device.
Contract Developer2014 - PRESENTSpensa Technologies (via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Core Data, Swift, Git
- Developed an iOS app for deploying a network of bug zappers (on a farm).
- Refined a library for RESTful server communication.
PhD Candidate2010 - PRESENTJohns Hopkins University
Technologies: Coq, Machine Learning, Python, iOS, Android, Prolog
- Developed a framework within the Coq theorem prover for verifying imperative programs written in a language such as C.
- Developed a GUI front-end (using Python) for developing theorems using the Coq theorem prover.
- Taught students about Prolog, SAT solvers, and various other constraint solving systems as TA for a declarative methods class.
- Taught students as TA for an introductory Android class.
- Developed the IPC 3 iOS app under a contract with the JHU medical center.
- Developed an educational iOS app for the neurology department.
CEO2009 - PRESENTRoe Mobile Development
Technologies: iOS, Mac, Android, PHP/MySQL, Windows 8, Windows 8 Mobile, Objective C, C#, Java, C++
- Developed and published an audio recorder app (Smart Recorder for iOS) from scratch. Smart Recorder makes extensive use of the various audio APIs in iOS including AudioToolbox and the creation of Audio graphs.
- Developed PHP/MySQL code for a transcription service server. This tool accepted RESTful requests from the Smart Recorder app, maintained a database of customer account information, and forwarded requests to the Amazon mechanical turks service for processing.
- Managed the development and publication of an Android port of the Smart Recorder product.
- Developed and published several other iOS apps including Smart Swipe Keyboard, Travel Diary, Transylvania, The Nuclear Test, and Word Quiz.
- Developed and published a port of Smart Recorder to Windows 8 written in C++ and XAML.
- Developed and published a port of Smart Recorder for Windows phone using C#, C++, and XAML.
Developer2015 - 2015Nimbot
iOS Developer2014 - 2015Zarquon (via Toptal)
Technologies: Custom Keyboard, Swift, Git
- Refined a custom keyboard layout for iOS.
- Fleshed out all variants of the keyboard (ASCII, URL, Twitter, etc.).
- Added iPad layouts.
- Refined the layout algorithm.
- Integrated an in-app purchase library.
- Developed a container app with collection view and search bar.
- Integrated a library for key pop-ups and tap-and-hold functionality.
Contractor2011 - 2012Independent Security Evaluators
Technologies: C, Mac, Open SSL
- Ported a key security product from Windows/Linux to Mac.
Contractor2010 - 2010Cryptite, LLC
Technologies: iOS, OpenCV, Libcrypto
- Developed a prototype iOS scanner app for color bar codes and tools to encrypt files based on the bar codes.
Contractor2009 - 2009TalkingTag
- Developed a low vision version of the talking product.
- Added many enhancements to improve the performance of the Talking Tag iOS app and integration with Flurry analytics.
MTS 42006 - 2009NetApp
Technologies: C, Free BSD, CIFS, FTP, NFS, VRRP, Wireshark, MU Box
- Developed many sections of documentation for a Common Criteria EAL 4 cert.
- Fixed many bugs in the Datafort product.
- Developed enhancements to the Datafort configuration tools to handle multiple input/output ethernet ports.
- Developed documentation to help other engineers get up to speed with the Datafort development enviornment.
Developer2003 - 2006Independent
Technologies: C, Tk/Tcl
- Developed an SMT solver (the heuristic theorem prover) in C. This tool went on to take a second and third place at SMT-Comp'06.