Senior DevOps Engineer2020 - 2020Code Particle Inc (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microservices, Docker, New Relic, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS ECS, AWS, Bash, Python, Bitbucket
- Created and fully automated CI/CD pipeline for code deployment using Bitbucket Pipelines and Python Scripting.
- Provisioned, managed, improved, and monitored cloud infrastructure on AWS ECS, IAM, S3, and RDS including backups, patches, and scaling using Terraform.
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up monolithic applications into microservices, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability, and optimizing speed.
Senior DevOps Engineer2020 - 2020St. Jude Children's Hospital (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Configuration Management, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Python, Bash Scripting, Prometheus, Grafana, AWS CloudFormation, AWS, Azure, SaltStack
- Provided technical guidance and recommendations to their very young DevOps team.
- Introduced Infrastructure-as-code, configuration management, and optimizing CI/CD pipelines.
- Evaluated AWS vs Azure based on their use case and then eventually helped to create and initially execute a migration plan.
Senior DevOps Engineer2019 - 2020GoBear - Woodpecker Asia PTE. Ltd, Singapore
Technologies: Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Agile, Stripe, GoDaddy, GitHub, Datadog, Cloudflare, Alibaba Cloud, CI/CD Pipelines, Travis CI, Dynatrace, Kubernetes, Bamboo, PHP, Drupal, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), TeamCity
- Designed different processes and guidelines, unified and standardized the tools to be used across different engineering teams in order to remove friction and work harmoniously.
- Led the company for a DevOps culture by empowering our engineering team, working closely with the leadership team, and cross-functional stakeholders to develop high-quality communications to be shared across various teams.
- Managed and maintained multiple Kubernetes clusters in GCP that provided different environments to different developers to empower them and help them do their job better.
- Worked closely with the head of engineering, architect team, and CTO to evaluate and recommend products to be used.
- Was a part of the team that interviews prospective members of the DevOps engineer team.
DevOps Engineer2018 - 2019PigeonLab PTE. LTD, Singapore
Technologies: New Relic, Loggly, Terraform, Jenkins, Graphite, GitLab CI/CD, Datadog, Kubernetes, Docker, ELK (Elastic Stack), AWS CloudFormation, SaltStack, Grafana
- Improved the release management by 95% by restructuring the company's SDLC by choosing the right tools that can help the team’s needs.
- Bridged the gap between the design team, engineering team, and business team by providing a centralized monitoring solution for all environments for faster data analytics and feedback.
- Managed and maintained the entire infrastructure in AWS by using CloudFormation, Packer to package golden images, and SaltStack as configuration management.
- Integrated security tools on the left side of the deployment framework in all deployment pipelines.
- Reduced and minimized the cost of infrastructure expenditures.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 2017Ksubaka PTE. LTD, Singapore
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, ELK (Elastic Stack), SaltStack, AWS
- Managed infrastructure deployed in Amazon and Alibaba.
- Improved configuration management by using Saltstack.
- Improved deployment process by using Jenkins as an automation tool to perform different tasks related to building, testing and deploying software.
- Worked closely with internal users by providing technical feedback on issues to the DevOps.
- Led development teams. Troubleshot internal operations by applying first fix solutions. Liaised with development and QA to ensure there was feedback on deliverables from the work I do for them.
- Continuously investigated and experimented with new technologies to improve the platform.
Core Engineer2015 - 2017Liberty Wireless (Circles Asia), Singapore
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Linux, Cisco, Cacti, Node.js, Perl, Bash
- Developed Bash and Perl scripts, database queries, and web application features with Node.js for reports viewing, system monitoring, resource management, and process automation.
- Deployed, configured, and managed network and system resources which include, but not limited to, Cact, Fortigate, Cisco Switches, Cloud Servers and multiple customized Linux servers that are maintained in house.
- Wrote reports and queries to consolidate data coming from multiple sources and different database systems. Data include, but not limited to, CDRs, business intelligence, and systems/network resource usage.
- Coordinated with different vendors for procurement, maintenance, and escalation of different issues.
System Engineer2015 - 2016Intelimina Systems, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Tracked issues, tasks, and deliverables related to Linux system administration.
- Headed provisioning and maintenance of VMs deployed in AWS and other private cloud services, deployment of custom made software (i.e. Ruby on Rails).
- Provided remote support for clients.
System Administrator2014 - 2015Data Archiving and Distribution PHIL-LiDAR 1
Technologies: Snort, Squid, Cacti, OpenStack, Ceph
- Oversaw the network, system, and security administration improvement of the workplace that houses 150 employees with 400 TB worth of LiDAR data to be distributed to different State Universities and agencies across the country, which includes optimizing existing network and system setup and adding security layers.
- Headed the design and implementation of CEPH as the primary storage cluster for object storage of LiDAR data (e.g. SAR DEM, orthophotos, etc) and to be used as a block device for different services and virtual machines.
- Oversaw procurement of system and network equipment for the data center.
- Deployed operational services like Cacti for network monitoring, Squid Proxy as URL filtering and web caching, and Snort as Intrusion Detection System.
System Administrator2012 - 2014CloudTop Project
Technologies: Puppet, Cobbler, GlusterFS, DRBD, CentOS
- Headed the design and implementation of Tier-3 servers which involved automated installation and configuration using Cobbler and Puppet configuration management system and bash scripting.
- Gained experience in installing and configuring CentOS-based servers with clustering implemented with the Red Hat clustering tools, and disk replication using DRBD and GlusterFS.
- Took on project documentation responsibilities in addition to research and development work as the team's resources were limited. Assisted the team's official technical writer in producing reports and documentation of the components we developed.