Senior DevOps Engineer2019 - PRESENTGoBear - Woodpecker Asia PTE. Ltd, Singapore
Technologies: TeamCity, GCP, Terraform, Drupal, PHP, Bamboo, Kubernetes, Dynatrace
- Led the company to push for a DevOps culture.
- Supported the DevOps team for day-to-day operations not limited to deployment, debugging, and L3 support for our clients.
- Served as part of the team that recommends which product, vendor, or application to use.
- Acted as a technical interviewer for applicants.
DevOps Engineer2018 - 2019PigeonLab PTE. LTD, Singapore
Technologies: Grafana, Saltstack, CloudFormation, ELK, Docker, Kubernetes
- Improved the release management by 95% by restructuring the company’s SDLC by choosing the right tools that can help the team’s needs.
- Bridged the gap between the design team, engineering team, and business team by providing a centralized monitoring solution for all environments for faster data analytics and feedback.
- Managed the entire infrastructure in AWS by using CloudFormation and SaltStack as configuration management.
- Integrated security tools on the left side of the deployment framework in all deployment pipelines.
- Reduced and minimized the cost of infrastructure expenditures.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 2017Ksubaka PTE. LTD, Singapore
Technologies: AWS, Alibaba, Saltstack, ELK, CloudFormation, Terraform, Jenkins
- Managed infrastructure deployed in Amazon and Alibaba.
- Improved configuration management by using Saltstack.
- Improved deployment process by using Jenkins as an automation tool to perform different tasks related to building, testing and deploying software.
- Worked closely with internal users by providing technical feedback on issues to the DevOps.
- Led development teams. Troubleshot internal operations by applying first fix solutions. Liaised with development and QA to ensure there was feedback on deliverables from the work I do for them.
- Continuously investigated and experimented with new technologies to improve the platform.
Core Engineer2015 - 2017Liberty Wireless (Circles Asia), Singapore
Technologies: Bash, Perl, Node.js, Cacti, Fortigate, Cisco, Linux, AWS
- Developed Bash and Perl scripts, database queries, and web application features with Node.js for reports viewing, system monitoring, resource management, and process automation.
- Deployed, configured, and managed network and system resources which include, but not limited to, Cact, Fortigate, Cisco Switches, Cloud Servers and multiple customized Linux servers that are maintained in house.
- Wrote reports and queries to consolidate data coming from multiple sources and different database systems. Data include, but not limited to, CDRs, business intelligence, and systems/network resource usage.
- Coordinated with different vendors for procurement, maintenance, and escalation of different issues.
System Engineer2015 - 2016Intelimina Systems, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AWS
- Tracked issues, tasks, and deliverables related to Linux system administration.
- Headed provisioning and maintenance of VMs deployed in AWS and other private cloud services, deployment of custom made software (i.e. Ruby on Rails).
- Provided remote support for clients.
System Administrator2014 - 2015Data Archiving and Distribution PHIL-LiDAR 1
Technologies: Ceph, Openstack, Cacti, Squid Proxy, Snort
- Oversaw the network, system, and security administration improvement of the workplace that houses 150 employees with 400 TB worth of LiDAR data to be distributed to different State Universities and agencies across the country, which includes optimizing existing network and system setup and adding security layers.
- Headed the design and implementation of CEPH as the primary storage cluster for object storage of LiDAR data (e.g. SAR DEM, orthophotos, etc) and to be used as a block device for different services and virtual machines.
- Oversaw procurement of system and network equipment for the data center.
- Deployed operational services like Cacti for network monitoring, Squid Proxy as URL filtering and web caching, and Snort as Intrusion Detection System.
System Administrator2012 - 2014CloudTop Project
Technologies: CentOS, DRBD, GlusterFS, GFS, Cobbler, Puppet
- Headed the design and implementation of Tier-3 servers which involved automated installation and configuration using Cobbler and Puppet configuration management system and bash scripting.
- Gained experience in installing and configuring CentOS-based servers with clustering implemented with the Red Hat clustering tools, and disk replication using DRBD and GlusterFS.
- Took on project documentation responsibilities in addition to research and development work as the team's resources were limited. Assisted the team's official technical writer in producing reports and documentation of the components we developed.