- CTO2012 - PRESENTValuationUp.com
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ruby, CoffeeScript, HTML5, CSS3, Backbone, jQuery, D3, V8, Prawn, PhantomsJS, Elasticsearch
- Built a powerful dashboard powered by Backbone.js allowing users to explore various facets of their management accounts.
- Created powerful visualizations using D3 to help clients understand various ratios, performance indicators, and other useful information hidden away in the management accounts.
- Drove PhantomJS as a service remotely to rasterize SVG images for inclusion in server-side generated PDF reports.
- Built a searchable version of the NAICS database, powered by Elasticsearch, to help users quickly choose an accurate industry for their businesses.
- CTO2011 - PRESENTiSign.pro
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ruby, Resque, EC2, RDS, Heroku, HTML5, CSS3, CoffeeScript, ImageMagick
- Refactored and improved document management capabilities of the system, allowing users to easily upload, download, share, and categorize their documents.
- Refactored and improved the online document signing capabilities of the system, allowing documents to be signed on touch devices as well as laptops/PC's.
- Built many iterations of the front-end pages to help market the service to visitors.
- Built lots of reliable back-end worker processes to handle complex document conversion and signing tasks for users.
- Improved performance of the application in several key areas, including using CDN's to speed up static content and optimizing server processes for faster execution.
- CTO2005 - 2011Internet Exchange
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ruby, EventMachine, AMQP, XMPP, Xen, Chef, MySQL (worldwide replication), Resque, Postfix, Courier-IMAP, PowerDNS
- Built all the dashboards, portals, and management systems for a wholesale ISP, including billing and provisioning systems.
- Built a hybrid private cloud solution on Xen to deliver typical ISP services at scale: email, DNS, shared hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, firewalls, routing, and storage. Extended beyond the cloud with certain components running on EC2.
- Implemented deep integrations with various components of the infrastructure to allow for 24x7 provisioning of email, DNS, and shared hosting. Integrated most provisioning with Chef and Chef Solo wherever possible.
- Implemented deep integration with numerous, desperately different, third-party APIs for provisioning broadband services and domain registrations. Pioneered the APIs with the service providers.
- Built tons of data collecting, auditing, and reporting features into the system to defend the company from ignorant clients and extortionist suppliers.