WordPress Developer2020 - PRESENTThree Five Two
Technologies: WordPress, Node.js, React, React Redux, Git, GitHub, Recurly, PubNub, MemberPress, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), Heroku
- Improved the performance of an older WordPress site that was heavily customized to migrate from s2Member to MemberPress. The site required an extensive review of the custom functionality to determine what could be safely removed.
- Maintained and updated a three-part product with a WordPress marketing site, a React client app, and a Heroku-hosted Node.js API. Issues are handled via Jira and weekly spring planning.
- Participated in the restructuring and redesigning of the application with a new design provided via Adobe XD.
WordPress Engineer2020 - PRESENTAltus Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: ActiveCampaign, WordPress, Website Setup, Web Analytics, PHP, LearnDash, MemberPress, Uncanny Owl
- Aided in the setup and improved performance of a multi-site WordPress network which consisted of inter-connecting standalone marketing WordPress sites with the network.
- Implemented automated tagging, automation, and integration between LearnDash and ActiveCampaign. Worked with the marketing team to devise a practical approach to labeling, lists, and segmentation.
- Investigated and resolved tickets, bugs, and other issues as they appeared. Aided in the Zoho Desk setup to help manage support tickets.
Full-stack Developer | WordPress Consultant2004 - PRESENTNichol Consulting
- Built, troubleshot, and maintained software and websites.
- Developed WordPress plugins and themes.
- Implemented the full-stack development on LAMP systems.
WordPress Developer2020 - 2021YouTurn, Inc
Technologies: WordPress, LearnDash, MemberPress, Uncanny Owl, Broadcast for WordPress
- Developed an "out of the box" WordPress system with LearnDash. This project required as little custom code as possible, which has been challenging to reconcile with its unique requirements.
- Debugged unique edge cases with LearnDash, Uncanny Owl, and Uncanny groups, including login and register redirection via a referrer.
- Implemented multi-site usage via a broadcast plugin, which is used to clone the central learning platform and customize it for access and branding purposes.
WordPress Developer2019 - 2020iSpot Interactive
Technologies: WordPress API, CSS, WordPress Themes, WordPress Plugins
- Developed custom WordPress plugins and themes for an enterprise multisite WordPress installation.
- Implemented WordPress REST API customizations and Ajax-powered front-end development with a modular theme and plugin integrations.
- Worked as part of a variable-sized enterprise team that is part of a larger enterprise structure. Several development teams were working on the production product in different geographic areas.
Website Administrator2014 - 2019Vista Radio, Ltd.
- Created and deployed more than 36 community websites as a source of local news, events, and contests.
- Developed custom themes and plugins with core customizations to facilitate various radio station promotions and functionality.
- Provided internal technical support and troubleshooting.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2017Noble, Inc.
- Built the initial landing page and lead capture forms with an API integration to Twilio and Mailchimp.
- Created a custom WordPress theme based on the designers files in InVision.
Campaign Manager2010 - 2012Love Clients, Inc.
Technologies: PHP, CSS, Joomla, HTML, Google AdWords
- Executed and managed numerous SEO and PPC campaigns for clients around the world.
- Built internal project management tools to replace paid platforms like Basecamp to reduce costs.
- Implemented various server-side and on-page optimizations on a variety of client websites.
Advanced Link Builder2007 - 2008Beanstalk SEO
Technologies: WordPress, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Web Scraping
- Researched a variety of advanced link building techniques.
- Automated link scraping and page rank analysis for reporting and research.
- Built manual links for many clients.