Database Administrator2015 - PRESENTUsability Dynamics
Technologies: Kibana, Beats, Logstash, Docker, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Cluster
- Developed SQL queries to get different statistics from the databases.
- Installed and configured per client multi-node MySQL clusters using Percona XtraDB using master-master replication for keeping uptime as long as possible for emergencies such as one node going down then the other nodes would be able to serve SQL traffic without interruption.
- Deployed a client-based website built on WordPress using Docker.
- Configured Elasticsearch clusters for keeping the logs centralized.
- Used Logstash to convert parsed log files to JSON and splitting them on items before adding them to Elasticsearch.
- Added Beats to MySQL queries to Elasticsearch for quick and easy access.
- Generated graphs and created a tool for easy Elasticsearch access, using Kibana.
System Architect2013 - PRESENTVPSie Inc.
Technologies: Hosting, KVM, Virtualization
- Wrote the commands and found the necessary software so that we can create a fully automated VPS hosting provider where the customers can go and deploy their own instances and have them automatically configured without the need of human intervention.
- Developed the templates for the VPS hosting which would be used to deploy the instances required by the customers using KVM.
- Set up Nginx to host the website and user portal while keeping everything up-to-date with zero downtime.
- Built a MySQL cluster using Percona XtraDB installed on 3 nodes with master-master replication so that we could keep database connectivity with zero downtime.
- Worked with a libvirt API to achieve automatic KVM deployments.
- Set up DNS servers for fast replication so that it could be used by the customers to host domains related to their VPS instances.
- Developed SQL queries for getting different statistics.
IT Manager2010 - 2015VoIPonTel
Technologies: MySQL Clustering, MySQL, NGINX, Apache, VoIP
- Deployed Asterisk and OpenSIPs software and configured them to achieve a good voice quality during calls (VoIP).
- Maintained the web server using Nginx and kept the certificates up to date so that users could use it to add credit to their accounts.
- Administered and maintained to a cluster of 3 database servers using master-master replication so that if one database node would go down the other nodes would be able to handle the traffic until the down node could be brought back into production state without affecting the customer experience.
- Examined the VoIP and HTTP traffic so that we could find issues when the traffic acted unexpectedly so that we could tell the developers where the issues were that we were encountering (debugging).
Customer Support Engineer2007 - 2010Acision
Technologies: Telecommunications, RHEL
- Worked and deployed products in a Linux environment so that the mobile phone providers would be able to provide flawless customer experience.
- Took on customer tickets of varying priorities. Solved the tickets while keeping the customer satisfaction as high as possible. Personal customer satisfaction rate was 95% while the entire mobile internet team customer satisfaction was 90%.
- Deployed a high-speed internet-proxy service for mobile providers and integrated it into the customer mobile network. Few of the largest deployments were at Claro (Puerto Rico), Spring (Kansas City, MI), and Meteor (Ireland).
- Wrote Bash scripts which would handle large amounts or repetitive tasks.
- Used my in-depth understanding of TCP/IP to explain to our customers what exactly they needed to do in order to get relevant traffic routed to our servers.
System Administrator2005 - 2006Dabove Servizii
- Set up a server using a SUSE professional version to handle user authentications using a Samba domain controller. Also set up a proxy with the proper ACLs so that users could have access only to relevant sites.
- Configured the web server to host multiple websites; forums which were related to the company.
- Set up a server using FreePBX for the call center so that Italian customers could be connected with as little wait time as possible.
- Designed employee workstations to have all the necessary software while fighting the virus problems these kind of networks are exposed to.
- Implemented the TCP/IP physical network so that the employees would have no packet-loss issues and so that the network would be secured from the outside.
System Administrator2001 - 2005Babeș-Bolyai University
Technologies: Windows, Linux
- Maintained a Linux server which was hosting the university's website and held email accounts for about 2,000 professors and students.
- Configured Sendmail to provide email accounts to all the professors and students while making sure that the email accounts were spam and virus-free and that no pertinent emails were filtered by the spam checkers and antivirus programs. All this was done with the usage of open-source software to keep things as cheap as possible.
- Maintained and updated a web server and websites so that we could deliver the proper information as fast as possible using Apache.
- Maintained a network of 400 PCs running different versions of Windows OS while keeping the network virus-free.
- Set up and cabled the university so that every office and lab would have a proper internet connection. Conversed with vendors to get the best network appliances and configurations to prevent packet loss (TCP/IP).