Principal Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTThe Hut.com
Technologies: AWS, Java, Spring Boot, Consul, Scala, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, OpenStack, Clojure, AWS Lambda, Jenkins Job DSL, Jenkins Pipeline, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), AWS RDS, Amazon Route 53
- Led the refactoring of an eCommerce platform to improve reliability and improve the user journey. Focused on using APM tools to drill down into code paths and fix the encountered issues.
- Used AWS Lambda and SQS to build a bridge between monitoring tools and chat tools like Slack and Microsoft Teams.
- Migrated a warehouse management system from AWS to OpenStack using CloudFormation, Terraform, and Google Cloud Deployment Manager.
- Developed Terraform infrastructure-as-code scripts to allow deploying Kubernetes clusters onto OpenStack nodes.
Senior Lecturer2010 - 2014RMIT International University
Technologies: Java, Software Engineering, Python 2, GAE, C
- Re-developed a C programming course, converting it from MS Windows and Visual Studio to Linux, GCC, and Vim. I also re-developed a software engineering course, converting it from J2EE to Spring Framework and IoC.
- Wrote and administered exams for Java programming, software engineering, design patterns, and web development.
- Led a team of lecturers to develop and deliver software engineering content to Vietnamese undergraduates.
Contract Developer2008 - 2008Cogini
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Erlang (OTP), Python 2, PHP, Linux
- Helped develop a variety of projects, including a bus timetable and routing app.
- Worked remotely with lead engineers in Taiwan, fixing bugs and developing the admin web application.
- Handled day-to-day development, bug fixes, and suggestions for additional features.