Verified Expert in Engineering
React Native Developer
The most amazing...
...project I’ve worked on is Q.ai: a native application that put the power of AI and hedge fund tools in the hands of average investors.
React Native Developer
- Refactored a codebase removing lots of tech debt. TypeScript, Redux, and splitting up large files were the main culprits.
- Worked on Bluetooth machines communicating with the app, focusing on starting, paying, and status updates.
- Utilized Firebase to manage users and laundry rooms containing multiple machines, often tracking the source of issues by seeing the data ingressed into Firebase.
- Solved a costly issue, an account auto-refill error causing users' cards to be charged multiple times. It took a lot of digging and communication with an external back-end team to find the issue, but it saved the company 70,000+ per month.
- Worked closely with the design team to provide a precise UI using Figma and similar tools.
- Kept my workflow visible with Jira and made daily updates to keep things moving and unblocked, making communication the key.
Senior React Native Engineer
- Developed the front-end UI for a significant portion of the app—working quite a lot on the graph. The data points needed to be retrieved efficiently to allow quick graph loading times and crisp "dragging" animations.
- Created the E2E testing plan and wrote an entire E2E test suite to cover the front-end user experience from beginning to end. This became part of CircleCI where all merged code went through E2E.
- Launched an added experience where users could explore the app before linking sensitive personal info or while they wait for processing. The purpose of this was to give users an experience early on and improved drop off rate of new users.
- Oversaw the onboarding of many new employees and guided them through the set-up process. This included documenting the processes and functionality of the features I was a part of. And Readme's to help future devs with app setup and dependencies.
- Participated in creating stories and new initiatives and created tickets to split up among our team of developers These features were sometimes priorities brought to my attention and sometimes my own creations to solve a problem in the app.
- Spearheaded an initiative making copy changes much more instant, using Firebase's Cloud Firestore and uploading and downloading the copy in a way similar to GitHub's merging.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Bella Football (via Toptal)
- Built the mobile (iOS, Android) apps from scratch with React Native.
- Utilized Firebase for authorization, user data storage, real-time chat, location search, and push notifications.
- Led the team and implemented source control, maintaining a clean and reusable component-driven architecture.
- Brought the Framer designs to life, taking a well-documented design and focusing on recreating it with absolute precision.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Implemented a website from scratch with React, Redux, and Ant design as well as integrating the Stripe API for the payment.
- Prioritized and fixed site-related design problems and took the initiative to implement new features based on feedback from users.
- Fixed bugs and architectural issues involving the back end.
Full-stack Web Development Instructor
Nucamp Coding Bootcamp
- Taught core, intermediate, and advanced React/React Native concepts to students.
- Mentored students to ensure that they were prepared for the job and could interview well.
- Conducted mock interviews, scheduled meetings, and provided resources.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed and maintained a sports betting web app written in Vue.js and Node.js.
- Created design specifications and participated in design discussions and code reviews.
- Implemented automated unit and integration tests in parallel with the advancing product.
- Deployed the project on AWS EC2 instances and worked on the database of the Amazon RDS.
- Designed a Node.js API to connect the Amazon S3 service to store and retrieve the media files.
Senior Web and Mobile Developer
- Worked with more than 15 organizations from around the world, developing web and mobile apps.
- Developed UI/UX strategies that include wireframes and mockups for small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Improved the codebase by following software engineering best practices, participating in team code reviews, and contributing to automated testing.
As a senior front-end developer, I implemented the website from scratch using React/Redux and Ant design and integrated the Stripe API and REST APIs.
Pay App for Laundryhttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/wash-connect/id1469627109
• Pay for laundry
• Check machine availability
• Receive a notification when laundry is done
• Tips, tricks, and laundry hacks
• Request machine service
• Get instant refunds
• In-app support
Redux, Angular, React Native, AngularJS, MUI (Material UI), Ant Design, Next.js, Express.js, Jest, Tailwind CSS, Laravel, NestJS, Windows PowerShell, Bootstrap, Cypress, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
React, Vue 2, Node.js, Vue, Redux-Saga, React Redux, Context API, React Redux Form, jQuery, REST APIs, Vuex, Firebase Web SDK, MobX, Socket.IO, Stripe API, Antd, D3.js, Google Maps
Agile, REST, Mobile Development, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Unit Testing, Agile Software Development, Microservices, Web Architecture, UI Design, UX Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Serverless Architecture, DevOps, Automated Testing
iOS, Android, Mobile, Contentful, Firebase, AWS IoT, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Twilio, Docker, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), WordPress, Azure, Azure Functions, Heroku, AWS Lambda
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Firebase Realtime Database, Google Cloud, Database Modeling, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL
Web App Deployment, Full-stack, CSS-in-JS, Styled-components, Single-page Applications (SPA), Web Components, Front-end, Gatsby, Front-end Development, APIs, Engineering, SaaS, Mobile App Development, CSS3 Animation, Full-stack Development, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), MERN Stack, Web Development, API Integration, Mobile Apps, Mobile First, Responsive Design, Enzyme, Pixel Perfect, Firebase Cloud Functions, Storybook, Mobile UX, Architecture, Apollo, CI/CD Pipelines, Internet of Things (IoT), Design, Software Architecture, Front-end Architecture, Cloud, Cloud Services, Server-side Rendering (SSR), Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth, Cross-browser Compatibility, Web App Development, Axios, Bluetooth, Embedded Systems, Chakra UI, Cloud Platforms
Software Engineering in Computer Science
Brigham Young University, Idaho - Rexburg, ID, USA