Senior React Native Engineer2020 - 2022Q.Ai
Technologies: React, React Native, TypeScript, Redux, Sentry, Plaid, Apex, Branch.io, Twilio
- Developed the front-end UI for a significant portion of the app—working quite a lot on the graph. The data points needed to be retrieved efficiently to allow quick graph loading times and crisp "dragging" animations.
- Created the E2E testing plan and wrote an entire E2E test suite to cover the front-end user experience from beginning to end. This became part of CircleCI where all merged code went through E2E.
- Launched an added experience where users could explore the app before linking sensitive personal info or while they wait for processing. The purpose of this was to give users an experience early on and improved drop off rate of new users.
- Oversaw the onboarding of many new employees and guided them through the set-up process. This included documenting the processes and functionality of the features I was a part of. And Readme's to help future devs with app setup and dependencies.
- Participated in creating stories and new initiatives and created tickets to split up among our team of developers These features were sometimes priorities brought to my attention and sometimes my own creations to solve a problem in the app.
- Spearheaded an initiative making copy changes much more instant, using Firebase's Cloud Firestore and uploading and downloading the copy in a way similar to GitHub's merging.
Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2020Bella Football (via Toptal)
Technologies: TypeScript, React Redux, React, Firebase, React Native
- Built the mobile (iOS, Android) apps from scratch with React Native.
- Utilized Firebase for authorization, user data storage, real-time chat, location search, and push notifications.
- Led the team and implemented source control, maintaining a clean and reusable component-driven architecture.
- Brought the Framer designs to life, taking a well-documented design and focusing on recreating it with absolute precision.
Senior Front-end Developer2020 - 2020Trouvaiz
Technologies: Enzyme, Antd, Stripe API, Redux, React
- Implemented a website from scratch with React, Redux, and Ant design as well as integrating the Stripe API for the payment.
- Prioritized and fixed site-related design problems and took the initiative to implement new features based on feedback from users.
- Fixed bugs and architectural issues involving the back end.
Full-stack Web Development Instructor2019 - 2020Nucamp Coding Bootcamp
- Taught core, intermediate, and advanced React/React Native concepts to students.
- Mentored students to ensure that they were prepared for the job and could interview well.
- Conducted mock interviews, scheduled meetings, and provided resources.
Senior Full-stack Developer2019 - 2020Coverclub
Technologies: Amazon EC2, AWS S3, Vue, PostgreSQL, Knex.js, Express.js, Node.js, Element, Vuex
- Developed and maintained a sports betting web app written in Vue.js and Node.js.
- Created design specifications and participated in design discussions and code reviews.
- Implemented automated unit and integration tests in parallel with the advancing product.
- Deployed the project on AWS EC2 instances and worked on the database of the Amazon RDS.
- Designed a Node.js API to connect the Amazon S3 service to store and retrieve the media files.
Senior Web and Mobile Developer2014 - 2020Freelance
Technologies: Java, Swift, Node.js, React Native, Angular, Vue 2, React
- Worked with more than 15 organizations from around the world, developing web and mobile apps.
- Developed UI/UX strategies that include wireframes and mockups for small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Improved the codebase by following software engineering best practices, participating in team code reviews, and contributing to automated testing.