Senior Director of Software Engineering2018 - 2021Ramsey Solutions
Technologies: C#, C#.NET, Xamarin, AWS, Azure, Node.js, React, Kotlin, Swift, Mobile, Mobile Apps, Android, Android SDK, iOS, iOS SDK, IAP SDK, In-app Purchases, REST, Spring, Maven, Java, App Store, App Store Acceptance Process, Ruby on Rails API, Windows, Cloud Computing
- Led engineering managers and architects across several digital product teams in our mobile and browser stack, including native iOS/Android development, front-end browser frameworks, cloud services, and databases.
- Created products and redesigned legacy software in diverse technologies including Kotlin, Swift, React, Xamarin, Rails, Node.js, Java, .NET, and AWS/Azure services.
- Partnered with business executives and a cross-functional leadership team on product development, budgets, vendor selection, customer support, organizational structure, hiring, and employee development plans.
- Mentored engineers across the company in customer-centered development and software engineering best practices.
- Coached and developed engineering team leaders within one of the world’s top business coaching companies.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018GoFormz
Technologies: C#, C#.NET, Azure, ASP.NET, Android, iOS, Windows 10, Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Windows, Cloud Computing, Java
- Worked with a talented, experienced team to establish mobile design patterns, development workflow, and code solutions for GoFormz native mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- Led the implementation of automated testing and "test-centric" development for our mobile engineering and QA teams. I also supported Azure micro-services development for our mobile REST endpoints, supporting authentication and single sign-on features.
- Provided mobile architecture leadership and cross-platform coding expertise for GoFormz products on Android, iOS, and Windows 10.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2017Disney
Technologies: Unity, Unity3D, C#, C#.NET, 3D Character Animation, Character Rigging, 3D Games, Android, iOS, Mobile Games, Google Cloud, REST, Java, Spring, Maven, Windows
- Provided technical leadership for Disney Enchanted Tales, an iOS and Android city builder with extensive character animation. It reached the top 10 in the Apple iTunes family game category in September 2016.
- Designed and delivered numerous core systems in Unity3D. These included an optimized character animation controller and tasking system, a cross-platform in-app purchase engine, and a prioritized background loader that improved load times by 300%.
- Implemented server features in Google App Engine, including a customer service dashboard for guest experience personnel and a “snapshot” player data backup system.
Chief Technology Officer2014 - 2015Coded Velocity
Technologies: Unity, Unity3D, Google Cloud, C#, C#.NET, Mobile, Mobile Games, Android, 3D Character Animation, iOS, Monogame, Java, Objective-C++, C++, Xbox, XNA, WebGL, Windows
- Led the design and development of mobile and console games, delivering more than a dozen titles to market in two years.
- Contributed to our product success in the US which included several accolades on Apple Store, Google Play, Amazon, and Kongregate.
- Earned spots in the Top 10 Monthly Games list on Kongregate for King of Battle (9/2015), the Top 20 Google Play Family Games for Police Car Race Chase Sim 911 (5/2015), and the Top 30 iTunes Education for Construction Build & Play! (12/2014).
- Contributed to full-stack and cross-platform development in mobile native for Android and iOS, Xbox, Windows 8/10/Phone, WebGL, and Unity Web Player with RESTful APIs.
Software Architect1996 - 2014HP Inc.
Technologies: C, C++, C#, Operating Systems, OS Kernel, Kernel, Device Drivers, Windows Kernel Drivers, Windows Driver Kit (WDK), Enterprise Systems, Hyper-V, Azure, HP-UX, Windows Server, BIOS, Firmware, Bootloaders, Storage Area Networks (SAN), Clustering, Windows, Cloud Computing
- Provided Windows expertise for “big iron” large-scale x86 server initiative within HP Business Critical Servers (BCS).
- Led experienced technical teams at several West Coast locations in the enablement of platform error handling, power management, cloud computing, and scale-up features.
- Conducted a competitive analysis, implemented a requirements specification, and oversaw the design and technical implementation of Windows 64-bit server management portfolio from 2-socket servers to the massive HP 64-socket SX2000 “Superdome.”.
- Hosted planning meetings with Microsoft directors and engineers to establish OS features from market requirements, and contributed to standards such as ACPI, UEFI, IPMI, and MS WHEA.
- Represented HP BCS at events, project collaboration, and field training activities with customers, third-party partners, HP teams, and customers across the United States, Europe, and South America.
- Contributed to several software deliveries including the Itanium version of Insight Management WBEM Providers for Windows and an integration package for HP Systems Insight Manager and HP-SMH.