Co-Owner2015 - PRESENTKOSoftworks LLC
- Created a mobile fantasy Role-Playing Game (RPG) for education that dynamically adapted to the learner's progress in real-time.
- Designed and developed a language-learning aid for learning foreign languages (including ESL) that customizes exercises based on progress and mastery of various vocabulary terms.
- Updated an open-source multimedia eBook creation tool to work on mobile devices.
- Performed software development services for various clients.
Freelance Software Developer2011 - 2015Independent Contractor
- Served as primary developer for Red Giant Link, a cross-platform application to update and manage licensing for Red Giant products that saw over 100K launches per month during my time working there.
- Served as a primary developer on LifeFlix, a native OS X application with automatic scene detection that makes it easy to capture video from MiniDV camcorders and digitize, catalog, and share the videos online.
- Worked on licensing, packaging and maintenance for video effects plugins written for video editing tools such as Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Pro.
- Worked on updates and maintenance for web applications built in Python, including some in the Django framework.
Software Developer2004 - 2011Tulane University
- Created software for developing and deploying online eTexts viewable on desktops as well as tablets and mobile.
- Designed and maintained the Payson Center's web presence, including choosing hosting providers, establishing the technologies and approaches used, and prototyping site design and aesthetics.
- Assisted in the creation of offline or online digital libraries, with full-text search and support for several different document formats.
- Contributed fixes and enhancements to the open source projects of software used by the Center, including wxWidgets and wxPython.
- Started and maintained the wxWebKit project, a cross-platform port of the WebKit engine (before Chromium existed) in order to improve the state of cross-platform web engine embedding, to improve the capabilities of the Center's software tools.
- Created and extended web applications in PHP for various projects the Center took part in.
Information Systems Coordinator1999 - 2004Tulane University
- Created desktop software that enabled University Professors to create multimedia course materials for viewing online or via CD-ROM for offline environments.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the Payson Center's web site and server.
- Set up and maintained the computer networks and PCs for the Payson Center's DC office.
- Created a web application to catalog and search a list of training programs on disaster response and mitigation in Latin America.