- Software EngineerClearCare (www.clearcareonline.com)2014 - PRESENT
Technologies: Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, AngularJS, AWS
- Provided general maintenance as well as new features for the flagship SaaS web app (built with Django) and accompanying services (Flask, GraphQL).
- Extended the core accounting system to support advance billing as well as migration scripts for historical data.
- Created a microservice to track usage metrics throughout the platform in order to aid client billing using Serverless (AWS Lambda).
- Implemented security features around user sessions to better support HIPAA + PII compliance goals.
- Served on the on-call DevOps SRE rotation, helping keep platform up-time on our AWS stack at 99.99%.
- Integrated a third-party vendor using Restful APIs and webhooks.
- Python Tech Lead, Senior Web DeveloperYellow Pages Group2010 - 2014
Technologies: Python, Django, Solr, Memcached, MySQL, HTML5, CSS, Debian Packaging, Vagrant, Fabric
- Served as tech lead for seventeen Python developers. Facilitated TDD, code reviews, system design, and continuous integration. Ensured that features built actually matched business requirements.
- Worked as lead developer for the rebuilding of Yellow's flagship properties (yellow.co.nz, whitepages.co.nz) in Python. Contributed to a search feature (Solr) built as a platform to service multiple client front-ends and third party apps.
- Worked as lead developer for the sales and provisioning web tool. Built the components for servicing content/asset administration and provisioning.
- Served as lead developer for the hyperlocal property YellowLocal.co.nz.
- Senior Web DeveloperThe Folio Society2009 - 2010
- Flew solo as the developer in a small online team, responsible for all development and maintenance of the company's primary eCommerce website (www.foliosociety.co.uk).
- Implemented a fresh new "skin" along with a "gift certificates" feature, a tremendous feat considering FS's complex marketing channels.
- Handled database administration, which constituted around 30% of my overall workload. Wrote and optimized queries for large-ish datasets (200k - 2M rows in some cases).
- Handled all development operations, deployment, and system administration (Linux, MySQL, Python).
- DirectorJust-digital.net2008 - 2009
- Built a range of smaller websites (agency type work).
- Wrote my own light-weight proprietary CMS in PHP to facilitate rapid implementation.
- Web DeveloperTrader Media (TNT Publishing)2007 - 2008
- Created new features and maintenance for www.tntmagazine.com as the sole developer.
- Built a job/accommodation directory for the site.
- Software DeveloperSweet Mamma Software2004 - 2007
- Handled the full development life cycle on small websites (PHP). Supported key clients' corporate intranet.
- Designed and implemented the desktop app Liquid Metal.