- Python Tech Lead, Senior Web DeveloperYellow Pages Group2010 - PRESENT
Technologies: Python, Django, Solr, Memcached, MySQL, HTML5, CSS, Debian Packaging, Vagrant, Fabric
- Served as tech lead for 17 Python developers. Facilitated TDD, code reviews, system design, and continuous integration. Ensured that features built actually matched business requirements.
- Worked as lead developer for the rebuilding of Yellow's flagship properties (yellow.co.nz, whitepages.co.nz) in Python. Contributed to a search feature (Solr) built as a platform to service multiple client front-ends and third party apps.
- Worked as lead developer for the sales and provisioning web tool. Built the components for servicing content/asset administration and provisioning.
- Served as lead developer for the hyperlocal property YellowLocal.co.nz.
- Senior Web DeveloperThe Folio Society2009 - 2010
- Was the sole developer in a small online team responsible for all development and maintenance of the company's primary e-commerce website (www.foliosociety.co.uk).
- Implemented a fresh new "skin" along with a "gift certificates" feature, a tremendous feat considering FS's complex marketing channels.
- Handled database administration, which constituted around 30% of my overall workload. Wrote and optimized queries for largish datasets (200K - 2M rows in some cases).
- Handled all development operations, deployment, and system administration (Linux, MySQL, Python).
- Directorjust-digital.net2008 - 2009
- Built a range of smaller websites (agency type work).
- Wrote my own light-weight proprietary CMS in PHP to facilitate rapid implementation.
- Web DeveloperTrader Media (TNT Publishing)2007 - 2008
- Created new features and maintenance for www.tntmagazine.com as the sole developer.
- Built a job/accommodation directory for the site.
- Software DeveloperSweet Mamma Software2004 - 2007
- Handled the full development life cycle on small websites (PHP). Supported key clients' corporate intranet.
- Designed and implemented the desktop app "Liquid Metal".